Need help with stats and redline TY

• drbloody
      Hello my fellow poker strategists :D
      This is dRb, I'm coming out from dark these days and getting more and more into community 'n' stuff, since most of the time since found about PS I was into studying articles and piling up hands.

I've started playing @ Party 4months ago, with the starting capital from here...didn't play for 2months during this summer tho. Afterwards tried out Stars, party felt too tight at that time, they got me this 5$ bonus with which I've made 80$ and really started lovin' their platform, I'm totally gonna stick to them long-term. However I reverted to party once again, till I grind 600$ so I can fully profit from the stars dep bonus.
      Played NL2 FR BSS on both platforms, started NL4 @ party since 2 days.

Lemme get to the point...
      Guys! Could anyone please help me with my stats, give out some advice on that, etc :f_love: ..? Now since I have a fair sample size, It would be very helpful for me to discuss that, and ohhhh this bloody redline that started buggin me so baaad.

I'm sure there was a lot spoken on this subject here at PS, but I just cant seem to find...

I've become kinda obsessed with my NonSD winnings and the down sloping red line I got lately! [[Oh gosh I got the red line disease :s_cry: ]] I feel like it's getting worse and worse, and it's really bugging me. I know what basically affects it, but I just keep failing to track back what I changed with my gameplay I've read about the red-line around someone said how it's like a piss contest amongst players to have a upward sloping one ROFL :s_evil: :f_cool:

I'm wondering, is it hard to get that line at list straight or even upwards at FR games ? Or is it just common for beginner players ?? I feel like leaking so much NonSd...or is that normal ? I can't seem to cope contibetting against opponents too loose...Am I avoiding it too much!? I'm wondering if that's the leak, not sure if that is really the problem! Isn't like set mining costly NoNSD as well!?
      What could have changed my game? Number of tables ? I don't feel uncomfortable and stressed 13tabling @ Stars, 9@ Party. Feel like I have enough time to think, and I manage quite well with them and the HUD in addition. But It doesn't derange me.
      I'd just be happy to be reassured, is it rare to have it upwards on FR games? What are your experiences ??

Here are my stats & graph for Party first:
      NL2 FR BSS; NL4 FR BSS (last 6k hands)

Cheer's N thnx

• 5 replies
    • drbloody
      This is something I made with 5$ bonus from Stars, :s_cool: heheheeh...gotta admit I was lucky to survive in the beginning, geezz.

NL2 FR BSS

• wasy8
      It's totally standard and normal to have a lower redline at the micros like that, especially nl2/nl4. I would actually be worried that you're leaking money bluffing too much with a postive redline at those limits.
    • pzhon
      The red line (nonshowdown winnings) is an example of something I call a social statistic. It reflects the environment in which you play, not just your style. So, your red line is not comparable with the red lines of people who play in more aggressive high stakes games, or against people who defend the blinds less often.

Some statistics are isolated. If you are losing money in the HJ in a large sample, this indicates something is very wrong with your play regardless of how much you win in other positions, since you could break even by folding everything.

Much of the fuss about nonshowdown winnings comes when people incorrectly assume that they are isolated, but they are linked with your showdown winnings. It is easy to find types of plays which shift bad situations from one category to the other without changing your bottom line much. For example, if you have a marginal calling decision on the river, you have a bad situation whether you call or fold. Calling will put the loss (on average) in the showdown category. Folding will put the loss in the nonshowdown category. So, you could easily increase your nonshowdown winnings by calling more on the river, including making terrible, unprofitable calls with no chance to win. How much money would you want to pay for fashionable stats?

Don't worry much if you see a negative red line. It is quite possible that a careful review of your play would lead you to further decrease your nonshowdown winnings while improving your showdown winnings by more. If you move up in stakes, it is possible that your nonshowdown winnings will rise with no significant change in your play.
    • drbloody
      Thnx for the comments, it means alot.

Fashionable stats, sure not what I care about m8. Nicely put, since I actually caught myself couple of times paying some unprofitable rivers to affect my line. That line messed a bit with my confidence, but I understand now why is it going down on micros - quite obvious.

Thnx alot phzon

• Kruppe
      does elephant do non-SD winnings now?