This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

dealing with players playing 90+ VP in HUSNGs

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      ok so Im getting owned by these guys at the moment. they just will not fold their bottom pair/ace rag or better. Im getting sucked out plenty, but preflop wise should I be playing tight or is playing wide in position acceptable?

Ive been playing 60 vp IP and 35 OOP vs these guys, but im still being owned quite a lot.

theyre also limp calling >75% of their btns, so ive been raising to 3.5x early with hands like K8s+ A5s+ 66+.

any tips on adjusting to this kind of player would be much appreciated.
  • 2 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      These players clearly sound bad and probably wont notice bet sizing tells.

1 advantage i overlooked for a long time is limping buttons with my weaker hands vs these passive oppenents and value towning them when i hit.

Abuse them with big value bets!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well if the guy can't fold his bottom pair then don't bluff him. Never bluff the donkey :) Adapt so you value bet when you have top pair or even second pair and hit value town when you hit tha nutz :)