Newbie!

• blackburry
      blackburry
      Bronze
      Hello Pokerstrategy.com community, ;)

Im here just because of my brother who told my about this site and that PS.com is offering 50$ for free.Read basic articles, passed quiz and now I cant wait to start playing!

Thanks Pokerstrategy.com for this ideal opportunity.

respectfully, Blackburry.
  • 7 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hey, welcome to the community :)

I'd recommend reading bronze articles before jumping to the tables ;) Also, if you never played online, i'd recommend opening play money table, so that you learn how the software works
    • blackburry
      blackburry
      Bronze
      Hi, Bigniux

Thanks for reply me.I have looked a lot how my brother play's, so I think I just only need to read bronze articles before playing.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello blackburry,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com

As Bigniux already wrote it is important that you learn our articles. If you are unsure how to play a hand, please ask in our forum. So you can improve your game. :)

All the best on the tables!

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • meguo
      meguo
      Basic
      Hello .. me too i passed quiz .... thanks pokerstrategy!
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello meguo,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com

So tell us a little bit more about you. :)

Where are you from? Which gametype do you want to play? On which site do you want to play?

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • MrCookieMonster
      MrCookieMonster
      Bronze
      :) Hey there! im also a newbie and i just sent in my ID for Checking! :D i just wanted some help from pros that have been able to keep the starting capital and go on without loosing it that how should i use it in order to become successful? should i play sit and go tournies? or cash table? im at partypoker. any tips will be really appreciated, thanks!!!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Welcome MrCookieMonster, good to see you join the community,

The decision of playing cash games or sng's is entirely up to you and which you would prefer or which would perhaps suit your style of play better.

Why not read a few other member's blogs in the blog section, this will give you some idea of what to expect on each variant. Other than that, it's really a case of trying them both and seeing which you enjoy the most or are most successful at.

Don't forget to read the appropriate strategy guides carefully as sng's are not always played the same way as cash tables and you will need to use a different BRM (Bankroll Management) for example.

Good luck and if there's anything you're unsure of, just shout.

Best regards,

Bart