Two Major Changes in Rake & FTP Calculation at Full Tilt

• Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      From the first of October onwards Full Tilt has changed the way that it calculates the rake that a player produces from dealt to weighted contributed rake. What does this mean?

Historically many poker rooms have used the so called "dealt" method for calculating rake. This means the rake of each individual player is calculated by dividing the total rake paid in the hand by the number of players that were dealt into it.

This is best illustrated by an example:

At a 10-handed full ring table, everybody folds except for 3 players (A, B and C) who see the flop, each paying $10 pre-flop.
      Player A goes all-in on the flop for another $35. B folds and C calls the $35.
      The total pot size is now $100. At the end of the hand $5 rake gets taken from the pot.

When using the dealt method, this would mean that all 10 players at the table get credited with having produced $5 / 10 = $0.50 of rake.

Read more details about this in our news post here

What do you think about this change?
  • 70 replies
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      you now need 125 FTPs / 250 FTPs instead of 100 FTPs / 250 FTPs.

you now need 125 FTPs / 250 FTPs instead of 100 FTPs / 200 FTPs
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I hate the change so much, pretty sure I am leaving FTP because of it.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I've been thinking about trying out another site and this is motivating me to move sooner than planned. What's a good site for a BSS microstakes player? I'm looking at partypoker.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Probably the worst move Fulltilt could have done, I guess all the players that count on rake back will be jumping ship and rush poker will die down alot i think
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Don't know about the rakeback yet, but I'm getting like 2x the FTPs that I used to. Seems to be great =)

I play FL SH btw
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Why when I go to FTP and read I see this

Earning Points

Start earning Full Tilt Points by playing in any qualifying raked real-money hand in a ring game or a real-money Multi-Table Tournament or Sit & Go with a tournament fee.

Ring Games: For each dollar raked from the pot in a real-money ring game, 10 Full Tilt Points will be awarded to the table and then split equally between all players dealt into the hand. For example:

* In a full-ring game, if nine players are dealt into a hand and a total of $1.80 is raked from the pot, 18 Full Tilt Points are awarded to the table. The 18 points are then split equally and all nine players receive two Full Tilt Points for that hand.
      * In a 6-Max game, if six players are dealt into a hand and a total of $1.80 is raked from the pot, 18 Full Tilt Points are awarded to the table and each player receives three points for that hand.
      * In a heads-up game, if two players are dealt into a hand and a total of $0.40 is raked from the pot, four Full Tilt Points are awarded to the table and each player receives two points for that hand.

Isn't this what it always was except with the point change?
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      So Rakeback is the same for tournament players?
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      Its actually better I think. 1$ of tournament rake = 10 FTP's now
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Also they discontinued Iron Man plus.
    • ivanr123
      ivanr123
      Bronze
      Don't mix up FTP allocation change with rake allocation change.
      FTP points stay at dealt principle, only rake allocation changed to contributed.
      It means that most of us TAGs will get around 50% less rakeback. Fish and maniacs will however get more rakeback, but do they realy care about that? :tongue: They will loose it anyways. :D
    • ivanr123
      ivanr123
      Bronze
      And for those that might like FTP allocation change because they would clear the bonus faster: YOU WON'T.
      They also changed clearing requirements from 0.06$ to 0.04$ per 1 point but they "forgot" to mention that. :tongue:
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      I dont play at FTP only because I dont have rakeback but this is a major change.

Those people who rely on rakeback and play TAG poker will be the ones who suffer at first.

The one wildcard I see here is the black card. If FTP continues to use purchased items from the store against rakeback then blackcard members will no longer have to worry about rakeback, as they should be buying the bonuses that have been said to pay better than rakeback.

That means that points being allocated using the dealt method is still the important factor for those players willing to put in enough volume.
    • EthereaL
      EthereaL
      Gold
      @ivanr123
      Are you sure they changed bonus clearing from 0.06 to 0.04? When I look at bonus account it shows 0.06. Or maybe the change will affect only deposit made after...

The rake change is bs, I don't understand why they don't update their site though, it is stupid to read about something on other sites but not on their own!
    • ivanr123
      ivanr123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EthereaL
      Are you sure they changed bonus clearing from 0.06 to 0.04? When I look at bonus account it shows 0.06. Or maybe the change will affect only deposit made after...
      Yes, you can see that at their page.
      However, it seems that bonuses received before changes are still cleared at 0.06$ rate. I am clearing one with the old rate too.
    • vladul11
      vladul11
      Global
      Originally posted by THeGaME23
      Originally posted by matel17
      Its actually better I think. 1$ of tournament rake = 10 FTP's now
      Is it the same for SNGs? 1$rake= 10FTP?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      oh noes, nits won't get more than they deserve! HOW COULD FTP DO THIS?
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      What about Rush 6 max?
      Big change to expect?
    • diogocyrineu
      diogocyrineu
      Bronze
      Well... if they changed the bonus from 6 to 4 cents and the rake from 7 to 10...

We lost 5% of our bonuses cause with 1 dollar rake:

before 7ftp x 0.06 = 0.42
      now 10ftp x 0.04 = 0.40

if u spend $2.5 dollars in a torney

before 17.5ftp x 0.06 = $1.05
      after 25ftp x 0.04 = $1.00

Resuming... the bonus gave 42% back, now they give 40% but the itens from the store are 10/7 = 1.42 --> 42% cheaper cause, at least till now, they didnt changed the price in ftps of the itens in store,but I think they will change... RUN forest, RUN to spend your ftps!! :D

For the torney player (like me :D ), its a good change... cause I dont buy bonus, I buy torney tickets with my ftps, cause I will use then anyway, and buying it doesnt cost anything of my rakeback... and now, I get more ftps and they dont changed (yet) the price of the tickets.
    • diogocyrineu
      diogocyrineu
      Bronze
      But... I forgot to think that bonus are cheaper to buy, cause its easier to get your medals... so... I guess its a good change in overall...

Its not a good change to ppl who play cash with a 10/9 status... cause they were getting rake from the others... but for the 20/18 players I guess they will get almost the same rakeback but it will be more easier to get ironman status and to buy bonuses and tickets and hats and jackets hehehehe