Remember password

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      My bankroll is small ~100 euros, or somegthing like that and it is divided in several poker rooms. How do you think is it safe to let software remember password assuming that I am the only user of my computer?
      If I catch a virus, then it can steal my password while I am typing it anyway, right?
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi SPeedFANat1c,

I'm no expert, but I heard that it was recommended that you don't automatically remember/auto-login your poker accounts and to always use a different password for each different platform.

Having said that, I do personally tend to use the auto-login on the basis you mentioned... I'm the only one using my pc, my network/connection etc and not in a public area.

I've got accounts at numerous platforms and it's difficult remembering them all.

The other thing you could try is setting up a spreadsheet with all of your passwords noted on it, but ofc don't forget to password protect your spreadsheet :D

Would also be keen to hear the views from someone more qualified on the subject... TobyCS you there buddy? :D

Good topic Speed and important reminder for us all, thanks for posting.

Bart
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      The other thing you could try is setting up a spreadsheet with all of your passwords noted on it, but ofc don't forget to password protect your spreadsheet

Hmm, I've heard that there is programs who crack those document passwords, but I'm not sure is this true.

Also there are password programs which save passwords and you must remember only one master password, but I am too lazy to enter it and then copy paste client password, so thats why I want clieant to remember it :D
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi SPeedFANat1c,

I am using keepass and I am quite happy with it. You set a master password and/or you need an additional file do have access to your passwords. keepass also generates passwords, so they are random.

We also had a news some time ago about security, where you can find some more information about keepass:
      Important: For your security

Best regards,
      Hannes