UTG ($4.19)
      UTG+1 ($1.92)
      UTG+2 ($9.64)
      MP1 ($3.82)
      MP2 ($4)
      CO ($4)
      BTN ($0.49)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.04, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.28, UTG+2 calls $0.24, fold

FLOP ($0.60) 4:heart: Q:spade: 5:club:

Hero checks, UTG+2 checks

TURN ($0.60) 4:heart: Q:spade: 5:club: J:club:

Hero bets $0.36, UTG+2 raises to $1, Hero folds

UTG+2 wins $1.22

His stats: 51/22/2.5

Flop: I am not aheat most of the time. Can't bluff against such loose player.
      Turn: Now I am ahead against his range, so bet for protection. Standart fold to reraise.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can also just check preflop it's fine. I'd isolate loose passive villains all the time, but against loose aggressive ones it's a lot tougher to put yourself out of position in a bloated pot with TJs.

As played I'd still c-bet the flop, it missed a lot of hands still and if we give villain the chance to bluff at the pot before us, most likely he will.

As played I'm a bit puzzled by villain's check on the flop, I just expect him to bet there so often I don't really know what he checked behind with. Aggressive players not betting is just as scary as passive players suddenly raising. I'd probably still lead out because we're likely better off going up against his calling range than his betting range at that point (he should bet air on the flop) if I'm right and if I'm wrong we usually have the best hand. Can't say I'm surprised by the raise tho, I'm folding as well.

Hope it helps.