Filtering HEM Stats.

Bronze
      I was wondering what you guys use for your stat filters.

I assume you leave it at 9 handed untill say 6 handed and from there what do you prefer to use?

Also how many hands do you deem a reliable sample to assume ranges based on stats?

Setting them to lower number of players makes them just as useless against people who play
      say 1 SNG at a time IMO and I will never build a large sample so I treat them as you I do in the
      early game stats wise and just focus on people with say 200 hands or more or is that too large?

Before using filters I relied on their 9 handed stats to catagorize them so its taking some getting
      used to seeing tight stats on a fish when the filter first kicks in.
  • 6 replies
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze
      Just got HEM recently

My filters are 7-9, 5-6, 4, 3 and HU.

Is there a way to see the 7-9 stats when play has become 6 handed? I sometimes forget which fish are the 60/2 ones lol
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by goldchess
      Just got HEM recently

Is there a way to see the 7-9 stats when play has become 6 handed? I sometimes forget which fish are the 60/2 ones lol
      Double click the stats. It will turn red and that is that players session stats
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      Originally posted by goldchess
      Just got HEM recently

Double click the stats. It will turn red and that is that players session stats
      Thanks for this Lennonac I forgot all about that!

Well that fixes that issue.

Goldchess you have it show 9 handed untill 7 people then at 6 handed its stats for 5-6 then you
      use only stats for 4 handed on the bubble and same for 3 and HU?

Does it not take a pile of time to gain a large sample size on your opponent this way?
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      There is a tradeoff between having enough data, and having clean data. If you are trying to figure out a reg's game, then you want cleaner data, but against a casual player you have seen in 3 tournaments, you want to use as much data as possible.

I use some different filters than most players do. With n players left, I include the data from n+1 players left, so that I rarely have 0 hands on a player just after an elimination. E.g., with 2 players left I filter to 2-3 players, and with 6 players left I filter to 5-8.
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze

Goldchess you have it show 9 handed untill 7 people then at 6 handed its stats for 5-6 then you
      use only stats for 4 handed on the bubble and same for 3 and HU?

Does it not take a pile of time to gain a large sample size on your opponent this way?
      Yep, this is what I use. I think Chenny recommended this in one of his coachings. To be honest I'm not used to using stats, the main spot I'm using them are to see who is tight when I'm attempting blind steals, and to get a quick idea of who the obvious fish are. Perhaps something I should work on...

On an unSNG related note, how do you resize the boxes displaying the stats, they take a bit too much space when I am playing tiled. I'm a HEM newbie :f_confused:
      Bronze
      Under hud options then player pref then there is a box for appearance.

You can set the font to whatever size you want.

There is also a handy little option for scaling the font.

This changes the font size as you enlarge or shrink your table size automatically.

Just tick the box to try it out if it is not allready ticked.

Thanks coach and everyone else who replied. Good info to have!

especially changing the stats to the particular session. This one is going to go far with me
      because I can just use all the data I have on the fish and have the clean data on the regs
      which will have sufficient clean data and untill they do I can just switch back and forth as
      needed.