Short Stack Strategy BB/H

• brett1985
      brett1985
      Bronze
      I am interested in knowing how profitable the SSS is for those people who have stuck closely to it. Ie I read the 'basic' articles, passed the quiz and on that information alone I am playing as suggested and trying to build up a bankroll.

More specifically what would be considered an average 'Big Blinds Per Hour' return for someone implementing the strategy?

Secondly, has anyone stuck with this strategy so long as to build their $50 up to an amount appropriate to play much higher stakes say $1/$2 and does it generally work at those levels?

For me it is presently 3 bb/h.
  • 2 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi brett1985!

A winrate of 3BB/100 is a very good winrate. We have players who play the SSS even on NL5000 ($25/$50 blinds) and are very successful. Don't forget to post some of your played hands in our sample hands board to get some feedback and to improve your game.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • brett1985
      brett1985
      Bronze
      'A winrate of 3BB/100 is a very good winrate.'

According to Poker Tracker it is 3.55bb/ 100hands across a total of 2187 hands.

It looks like it will take a fair amount of play time to reach those higher levels but so long as it has been done before I shall give it a go.