BTN: $9.31
      SB: $11.86
      BB: $10.15
      UTG: $10.25
      UTG+1: $8.28
      UTG+2: $8.04

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP1 with A :diamond: A :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 3 folds, SB calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.80) 3 :heart: K :heart: J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.00) 2 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($8.00) 7 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $7.91, Hero folds

Villian was unknown then. His line didn't have any sense for me. Turn is blank so his min checkraise looks kinda weak. Should I re-raise here/fold?? He is representing here very narrow range sets anld slowplayed KJ that he didn't raise on flop.On river we both have potsize bet left. I decided to give him credit and fold (I just took a note on his play). Is this a good/bad play??
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't really think it's bad but you're likely better off folding the turn. If he's a tag he's shoving the river 100%, if he's a fish chances are he's shoving the river as well even if he's overplaying something like KQ. So when you call the turn planning on folding the river, that's exactly what will happen very often, meaning you're burning money by calling the turn.

He has a full stack, he's playing full ring rush poker, and he hasn't done anything dumb so far in the hand, since the minraise actually does allow him to comfortably shove the river for less than pot anyway. Chances are he's a reg who has exactly what he's repping there, 33/JJ. It doesn't really matter that the range he's repping is very narrow, this argument is overrated in low stakes tag-on-tag violence, he's just not kidding in that spot because it looks like you have KQ+.

Hope it helps.