Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.97)
      BB ($11.46)
      UTG ($10)
      CO ($23.10)
      Hero ($12.18)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2

FLOP ($6.10) 2:diamond: 2:spade: Q:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB raises to $9.90, Hero calls $6.18 (AI)

TURN ($24.46) 2:diamond: 2:spade: Q:spade: 4:diamond:

RIVER ($24.46) 2:diamond: 2:spade: Q:spade: 4:diamond: J:diamond:

Villain was 8/6/inf, but over a small sample. He also had a faily high 3bet% compared to the rest of his stats.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

The 3bet% stat takes a lot longer to converge than the other usual stats, so over a small sample it's natural for it to seem higher unless villain never 3bet anyone.

Usually I call in that spot in position, I just think it's the best option. If villain isn't 3betting light we're usually flipping/dead against his range for continuing to a 4-bet, and if he's 3betting light he'll usually play quite poorly and transparently postflop, so keeping bad hands in his range when he's out of position benefits us greatly provided we're prepared to float AK-high on some boards.

If you really want to 4-bet go ahead but you don't need to make it 3x even with slightly deep stacks, something like $2.6 will do fine and it still allows you to fold to a 5-bet since we don't expect him to jam light ever and we're not doing too good against his 5-betting range. I'd say this is the best line if you suspect he's 3betting light but don't want to call in position for some reason.

On the flop just c-bet whatever you think will look scary to stuff like TT-JJ and call it off, usually we're not doing too great against his check/shoving range (sometimes we're drawing to a royal flush against QQ). If you don't think he talks himself into calling the 4bet with TT-JJ, then just check behind the flop and hope you hit something, because then you don't beat anything and he's not folding anything.

Hope it helps.