ICM Trainer

• shyshen
      shyshen
      Bronze
      I have been using ICM trainer to judge if im making good table decisions ... !!
      In first two runs out of 60 hands i had 75% sucess .. Eeaven do some decisions were dubios by my standards :D
      What i wanna know am i doing ok to sit at a sng table and make theese decisions or do i need to reach at 80% in ICM before i can start playing for real money sng .. !!

Thank you !

P.S
      Maybe only two runs dont say anything about my decision making do i need to make more runs on ICM or more hands in a sesion .. !!
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi shyshen,

It is of course totally up to you when you feel it is the right time to sit down and play. There is no real harm in playing the micro levels straight away, but the key (at any level) is to always look to improve and fine tune your game as much as possible and always use solid BRM (Bankroll Managment).

75% is a great start, congrats, you are right though that this is a very small sample size, you will get a better indication after a few more attempts.

I think from memory the recommendation is to eventually have something like 95+%, but this can take time to acheive so don't be too put off. 75% is a great point to build from and with time, study & of course practice, you should soon see this figure rise.

I'd say, try the ICM another couple of times and then maybe start to 1-table, you can always have the learning material open whilst playing until you get used to the push/fold ranges.

p.s. I'm just a Moderator talking from personal experience and not a coach, someone please correct me if I'm talking rubbish :D

Good luck my friend, let us know how you get on ;)

Bart
    • shyshen
      shyshen
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for your words of couragment m8 .. !
      This morning i tried one micro mutli table with 1% buy in .. !!
      From 3,000 players i was 490+,and the tournament was paying places untill 450 qualified ... !!
      I guess i did ok on that but i know i need to learn learn learn and learn :D i almost got some of the money i put in today will try more and post on it :D !!
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi shyshen,

You also can ask specific tournament questions in our strategy forums:
      MTT's - Tournaments

Good luck on the tables,
      Hannes