Biggest downswing ever (RushPokerFTP)

• m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      As i said in the title, this is my biggest downswing ever ocurred with me...
      4 hands, 4 bad beats = -5bi
      this doesnt look so big, but, for me, it's a very big loss...
      A8 x A9 = enemy river a nine for a better fullhouse
      AA x KK = river K for trips (20$ at pot, two big stacks allin)
      i can't realy remember the other hands right now, but this killed my session...
      i was up to 10$ and then down to -20 x_x
      this was pretty sick, and i just wanted to share this experience with you guys...
      i played like 1.5k hands today...and it was a totaly waste of time and money...
      this hurts a lot x_x
      thx you guys
  • 32 replies
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      be prepared for more of these, i had for example AA vs AJ vs TT in a deep 200bb table where they pre shoved and i had to call aces, and TT won, aa vs kk hitting k trips is not rare, whenever u lose hands like this make sure u have a break of 20-30mins at least so u can clear ur head
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      the day they opened rush I lost 16 stacks ... so , it's not the biggest downer on rush ever. rush can get crazy :D
    • Pizzacat
      Pizzacat
      Bronze
      Chin up my man! If you play rush then be prepared to experience things straight out of your worst poker nightmares. It's just how variance works out there.

• m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BOBOsvk
      thas trully the biggest downswing ever, i hope to see you in guiness records book

have a nice day
      it was MY biggest downswing...¬¬

and it continued today...another fullhouse cracked by river
      trips cracked by lucky turn flush x_x
      jesus christ...this hurts a lot x_x
    • m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      ok, just happened to me:

TTx99...he got trips and i got it too....
      then.......rivered quads x_x
      what the hell is going on? xDDDDDD
    • m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      god i want soo bad someone to see all my hands and tell me what im doing wrong...because there just can be something realy wrong in my strategy...
      im getting trips cracked all the time o.O
      it's just incredible how im loosing money for bad beats, one after one everytime, every session x_x
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Trips are not THAT strong and in limped or in 2 bet pots you are likely to run into trips with better kicker.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      biggest downswing ever SO FAR ;)
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pizzacat
      Chin up my man! If you play rush then be prepared to experience things straight out of your worst poker nightmares. It's just how variance works out there.

did you actually get 100k hands of value before everyone noticed that you're playing only KK+? :f_love: Sick game.
    • Pizzacat
      Pizzacat
      Bronze
      Yea, and they decided to punish me with coolers and suckouts.. :f_biggrin:
      You forgot to add additional 450K hands from previous months.
    • tazn
      tazn
      Bronze
      Last time I played Rush poker, I was 4-tabling nl10 and it had a bad ending. I was up on all 4 tables, but then:
      table 1: AA - all-in preflop. I lost to AK
      table 2: AK - push it all-in preflop from Button. One caller holding QQ and I lost.
      table 3: AK (again) - push it all-in preflop from SB. BB calls, K4o ?( and I lose.
      table 4: JJ - all-in pre again, get called by 99 and lose again.

Nice streak of hands, but not fun when your last 4 hands make u get cleaned at every single table.
    • PyqPyk
      PyqPyk
      Bronze
      Pizzacat, no tilting periods there ?;> cause graph looks sick
    • Pizzacat
      Pizzacat
      Bronze
      Obviously had my share of tilt :D It probably affected some of the plays but mostly it was like this:
      - I flop a flush, all-in on flop, villains set makes full house.. the same with straights.
      - Top set, all-in on flop, villains overpair hits 2-outer
      - 4-way pot, flop K74, i hit middle set, UTG+2 goes all-in, obviously can't put him on KK because he called UTG+1's raise pre. This happened multiple times.
      - AA preflop, no matter how much i raise, 3-bet, 4-bet.. if he calls and i get action postflop, i'm up against set most of the times. One time flop came something like 344, i already feel that he has 33.. Turn A - yay, payback time.. all-in and he shows 33. River, 3 for quads.
      - Laughable amounts of runner, runners.

This was pretty much standard during that period and i'm not overreacting.
      :f_cool:
    • Pizzacat
      Pizzacat
      Bronze
      This is how i roll:
    • m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      the problem is not pre-flop...is at turn, river...
      ppl are outplaying me easily with river cards, and it's hard to acept it, especialy when it happens a lot in several hands
    • Donkey111
      Donkey111
      Bronze
      m4rr3co, you'd better get used to it because repeated suck out happens to the best players. If you play poker long enough in aggressive games, you are slated to experience 20+ bi downswings.

Sick downswing btw pizzacat.
    • Pizzacat
      Pizzacat
      Bronze
      Couldn't agree more.. if you want to play poker, get used to it and train your mind to accept these things. If you're a winning player then anything short-term shouldn't matter to you.

And m4rr3co, believe me, I fully understand what you're talking about.. I went through it like 4 weeks and now I have a bigger bankroll than before the downswing.
    • EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      fuu... Pizzacat, now I see that I am not alone! :D NL50 rush?
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Silver
      fishes