This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Evaluate my set of nines!

• Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      I really felt like i played this hand very wrong.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $2.98
      MP1:
      $1.62
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.12
      CO:
      $2.92
      BU:
      $3.84
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $2.08

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 9.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 9, 8, Q (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.32) K (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds.

River: ($0.92) 3 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.22(All-In), Hero calls $1.22.

Final Pot: $3.36.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, nines(9c 9s).
      MP1 shows high card ace(7h As).

Hero wins with three of a kind, nines(9c 9s).

My 0.08$ bet on the flop was to decrease enemy's odds in case of a flushdraw. I got called. At this point i realized that might be a flushdraw + inside straight draw.

My doubt is exactly this bet on the flop. Should i have bet more? If so, how much would be?

Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Hi Vepof, you usually should post hand evaluations in this forum, which is only for them: Link

As played I think you need to raise 99 pre flop, to $0.1, making it 4bb + 1 for the limper. 99 is a very strong hand and you should be isolating the fish with it, you will often win the pot with a continuation bet on the flop.

As played I think the flop bet is fine, I would push the turn, he might have TJ here, but I think at NL2 people will go broke, just as easily with KQ, KJ etc.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by peche025
      Hi Vepof, you usually should post hand evaluations in this forum, which is only for them: Link

As played I think you need to raise 99 pre flop, to $0.1, making it 4bb + 1 for the limper. 99 is a very strong hand and you should be isolating the fish with it, you will often win the pot with a continuation bet on the flop.

As played I think the flop bet is fine, I would push the turn, he might have TJ here, but I think at NL2 people will go broke, just as easily with KQ, KJ etc.
      This :) Turned out fine for Hero this time around tho.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Raise pf as said.

And ALWAYS shove the turn here for protection. You're giving him a freecard for a number of combo gutshots, flushdraw, and only losing money vs a low 2 pair or a miraculous Kx that might fold, but doesn't have to.