Making You Tilt

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Welcome to my Second blog. You can read my first one here. Although i warn you. It is full of me rambling, badly played hands and complaining about bad luck. Unlike my first blog this will be a cash game blog. Further explanation why i decided to make the switch will be below.

:club: About Me

I'm 18 years old and studying game programming at the moment. I live in Holland.

:club: Poker and Me

I started playing poker when i was 16. Occasionaly playing play money games a few times a week. With moderate succes. About 8 months later there was some sort of charity poker tournament at my high school. Good reads, agressive plays and some luck and i ended up in first place. That is when a friend told me about pokerstrategy and about freerolls.

I got the $50 bonus from pokerstrategy and with horrible brm, play and rediculous high rake it only took me two days to completely lose it :D I started playing freerolls and sng's. All of which you can read in my last blog. After about a 7 months of playing sng's and no signficant results i decided to take a break. Which was earlier this year around april i believe. In fact all my current winnings are from freerolls only. Even though i crushed the $0,25 games many times. You can see my graph at sharkscope and it will look funny. But the ~$72 i dropped was actualy playing within brm and not outside as it may seem. Which was due to very sick bad luck in hu sng's dropping 12 bi's in like 16 hu's.

:club: Why cash games ? Cash games experience? What Stakes? What brm will you follow?

My main reason for giving up sng's is that i don't think the highest limits are very profitable. I'd end up just playing like $88 superturbo's and making money off the rakeback very likely. Sng's and tournaments also don't offer the freedom i want. Once you lose the chips they are gone unlike cash games where you can reload and just try that bluff that went wrong for example or if you lost alot to a sick bad beat you can still get your money back from that fish. The variance in tournaments is so disgustingly sick that i'm not ever touching them again.

My cash game experience consists of about 10-15k hands played at NL2. Being about breakeven in lifetime i believe. Although that was at the beginning of when i started playing poker for cash and i have learned many since that.

BRM? *Warning: If your a brm nit you may want to press the red x at the top right corner* I will be following very agressive brm. Isildur1 type brm to give you a rough idea. My bankroll currently stands at $170 before my session today and i'm going to play NL25 SH. Yes, That's 7 BI BRM. I'll wait while you your face returns from :f_mad: to :f_o: ...........

............. Still waiting...................... So yes before you start flaming me or comment "busto in 1 week". Save yourself some time and stop reading :D I will be playing 1 table for now. And currently not using a HUD. Playing agressively and trying to send people on monkeytilt while they donate me their chips.

Why am i playing 1 table and using such agressive brm? The main reason is that i don't want to become a robot style poker player like i was while playing sng's. I wasn't improving, could barely get any reads and wasn't moving up fast enough. I'm going to review my hands after every session and actualy think while playing poker. I want to move up fast and learn alot quickly. Using safe brm and mass multitabling i don't believe you will improve even close as much as playing agressively. The very agressive brm will ensure i won't ever keep playing when i'm not playing my A game. Since i simply can not afford to do so. And i will always care about every single hand i play. When i use safe brm i'm almost never playing my A game and are more likely to tilt away some stacks because i simply don't care about 1 BI.

:club: TL: DR
      - NL SH cash games
      - ~10BI brm, adding 5BI everytime i move up.
      - Starting at 7BI's at NL25 on pokerstars.
      - Single tabling.

:club: Bankroll: ~$172
  • 12 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      So here is my first session. This will give you some rough idea of my style of play. And eventhough i was running pretty well i believe i was still crushing the table.

To be honest. My vpip and pfr were so rediculously high i don't think i want to know it. Also keep in mind. My cash game experience is pretty much nothing. So yes i will probably have some huge leaks obviously. However if you don't post constructive advice then please don't bother.

This is already quite a few hands in the session. I already established my very agressive image at this time and the whole table was giving me almost no credit for a hand ever. I already bluffed this guy a few times and showing him. He seemed to be a solid player i will refer to him from now on as "ITILTHARD". It was quite easy to steal chips from him though and he also played very loosely and agressive. Either a very sick bluff from him or he had the King possibly even a pair of 7s with good kicker.

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($48.90)
      CO ($24.40)
      Hero ($34.95)
      ITILTHARD ($25.88)
      BB ($22.01)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q:club: 8:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $1, ITILTHARD calls $0.90, 1 fold

Flop: 7:diamond: 3:club: K:heart: ($3.25, 3 players)
      ITILTHARD checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25, UTG folds

Turn: K:club: ($7.75, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.75, ITILTHARD goes all-in $22.63, BB says "loooooooooooooooool", BB says "fold pus", UTG+1 says "------------>", Hero folds

Final Pot: $36.13

ITILTHARD wins $35.19 (net +$9.31)

Hero lost $9
      UTG lost $1

At this point he gives me no credit for hands at all. And is just going to donate his chips to me as soon as i'm hitting a hand. (He's a slight favourite on the flop and im a 2 to 1 favourite on the turn).

PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($47.05)
      CO ($22.80)
      Hero ($27.65)
      ITILTHARD($36.73)
      BB ($21.97)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BTN K:diamond: 6:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, ITILTHARD calls $0.90, 1 fold

Flop: 4:club: 3:club: 10:club: ($2.25, 2 players)
      ITILTHARD checks, Hero bets $1.50, ITILTHARD calls $1.50

Turn: K:heart: ($5.25, 2 players)
      ITILTHARD checks, Hero bets $2.75, ITILTHARD calls $2.75

River: J:spade: ($10.75, 2 players)
      ITILTHARD bets $3, Hero calls $3

Final Pot: $16.75
      Hero shows a pair of Kings
      K:diamond: 6:heart:
      ITILTHARD shows a pair of Jacks
      Q:club: J:diamond:

Hero wins $15.94 (net +$7.69)

ITILTHARD lost $8.25

After he reraised me on the river i was putting him on an ace. I think i would win at this spot against a tilting player enough times to make it a profitable call though

PokerStars
      5 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($24.90)
      Hero ($37.45)
      ITILTHARD ($30.17)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($43.55)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 5 players) Hero is CO K:heart: 10:diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, ITILTHARD calls $1, 1 fold, BB says "kid¨", 1 fold

Flop: 4:club: A:heart: 7:heart: ($2.35, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, ITILTHARD calls $1.50

Turn: 10:club: ($5.35, 2 players)
      UTG says "your gf has SO big hole???", Hero bets $3, ITILTHARD calls $3

River: 9:spade: ($11.35, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4, ITILTHARD raises to $8, Hero says "bleh.. aces", Hero calls $4, BB says "he speaks bout his mum obv"

Final Pot: $27.35
      Hero shows a pair of Tens
      K:heart: 10:diamond:
      ITILTHARD shows a pair of Nines
      6:heart: 9:heart:

Hero wins $26.01 (net +$12.51)

ITILTHARD lost $13.50

I had him where i wanted for quite a few hands now. He was giving me 0 credit for hands and was playing extremely agressively against me.. My misson to make him tilt like a monkey obviously worked.

PokerStars
      5 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($24.90)
      Hero ($48.86)
      ITILTHARD ($28.31)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($41.05)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 5 players) Hero is CO Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, ITILTHARD calls $3, 2 folds, UTG folds

Flop: 2:heart: 9:diamond: 8:heart: ($7.35, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4.75, ITILTHARD goes all-in $25.31, Hero calls $20.56

Turn: K:spade: ($57.97, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: J:diamond: ($57.97, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $57.97
      Hero shows a pair of Queens
      Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      ITILTHARD shows a pair of Threes
      3:diamond: 3:club:

Hero wins $55.97 (net +$27.66)

UTG lost $1
      ITILTHARDlost $28.31

As you see above.. He reraised me 2.5 times potsize with almost the lowest possible pair in Hold'em on a draw heavy board. Which i find pretty hilarious. I had alot of fun playing this session. Making people tilt by chat and with how you play and then seeing them stack you off with a weak hand is awesome :D

Overall im quite satisfied with how i played. Keep in mind these are only a few selected hands of the session. I wanted to add more hands but the post was getting too long. I decided to add the first hand to show you an example of a bluff that went wrong. That was the most money i lost on a bluff during this session and one of few that went wrong.These few hands don't really do justice to how much i was owning the table and making them tilt. I'm not very happy with my bet amounts and my plays in a few of these. And i'll adjust that in my next session. This was only my first session so don't be too harsh :D I was running pretty well this session i won't lie. Although if you see how much i was ahead/behind in the hands this session i was almost always ahead in the big hands.

BR: $220
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Good luck with your latest blog Haha, will follow with interest.

Ramblings are good, don't apologise. Also loving the way you are describing your thoughts with each hand too, I always think this adds so much more to a hand history than just how the cards fell.

Keep it going my friend and wishing you every success.

Bart
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Good luck with your latest blog Haha, will follow with interest.

Ramblings are good, don't apologise. Also loving the way you are describing your thoughts with each hand too, I always think this adds so much more to a hand history than just how the cards fell.

Keep it going my friend and wishing you every success.

Bart

:f_o: I was preparing to get flamed badly :f_biggrin: . Nice start i guess although i'm really not expecting much support from members of this forum :f_p:

Going to bed soon. Will very likely be playing another session tomorrow and hopefully will keep running good.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i agree with aggressive BRM but maybe not so aggressive
      like 10BI with no exceptions is fine

but i would play 2-3 tables to avoid too high VPIP because its not good

what was it for your session??

if it was like 35 then its fine but if it was 45+ then thats bad

but thats just what i think ;)
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      gl to u Haha
      we are at polar opposites of the scale brmwise..but r in the same boat, im just moving up to NL25SH 6-tabling on FTP (will have~50BI)..6-tabling for me works read-wise coz i make extensive notes and dont mind sitting out on tables if i strike an interesting hand on 1 in particular..so by no means do i see myself as a robot grinder and tbh id love to play someone like u..but hey i like ur mindset and wish u luck..and ill follow this with interest (and some skepticism)
      6-max is where its at boi!!
      Bronze
      Marking this blog so I don't miss the updates.

Good read so far. With this mindset and dedication I am sure you are going to crush at the tables.

Good luck.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Thanks for the support guys :D @Leito99 I don't know what my vpip is. I was getting quite alot of hands though and ran pretty well postflop so i expect it to be between 35-45.

Haven't played any more poker since that session.. Been thinking about poker and if i want to continue with this rediculous bankroll management.. Although my bankroll is only $220 as a student i could really use that money at the moment.. So if i lost it all that'd suck pretty bad. I've also considerd the possibility i'm a huge agressive fish and just got extremely lucky that session and not good enough to beat that limit. There's actualy a very real chance i am.

So i considered moving down to NL10. But i'm not going to do that. The reason i haven't played a session in the last few days is that i have too much on my mind and am quite stressed.. And way behind on school work. So i don't really got time to play poker anyway. I could have played some 30-60 min sessions but i know i just wouldn't be playing my A game if i had. I'll try to make some good progress with school today and tomorrow so i'll be more relaxed and try to play some sessions saturday and sunday. I am going to take this seriously. I'll pick a hand range which i will aim for soon and read some strategy articles.

edit: downloaded Elephant.. quite surprised of what it can do.. Looks very nice and useful. VPIP: 54%, PFR: 35%. I'm not sure what range that exactly is.. I expect along the lines of Q5+, 22+. I'll definetly reduce that to atleast 35-40% i expect. But i'll have to look more into that later. Just a note for those who haven't noticed.. I've deliberately avoided saying how many hands i played that session cause it's pretty sick how few hands i played. The sample is very very small though and my stats mean pretty much nothing at this point.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      bust yet?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Copy cat
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      It's been quite a while since my last update. I knew i'd be busy in the following weeks when i made the blog but i still wanted to make it. I actualy barely played any poker at all. played about 40 hands yesterday and was up 250BB at the end of the session. I ran good but i'm very happy with the way i played it. I adjusted my vpip.. i tightened up alot. And my vpip seems to be between the 30-35 range now and that includes Free flops from the BB (just looked at the pokerstars stats).

Just finished playing another session today. Disastrous beginning. dropped about 68BB($17) in 15 hands when i ran into the nutflush which he made on the river.. and i tried to represent that hand myself.. that didn't go so well :D Ran into some other good hands and made a couple BB's back with some small bluffs. I decided the table wasn't profitable enough next table i felt the same. I had a hard time making notes this session.. I think i just wasn't very focused and didn't see a way to exploit them. Or maybe they were pretty decent.. I decided to play a few more hands there.. eventually spotted a callingstation but he busted before i could abuse him. But still ended up leaving the table with a $30 profit.

Been thinking alot about poker.. And i really want to get coached by someone who's good.. But there's no chance in hell someone's going to coach me with not even 1k hands played. Also thought about my playing style and i think NL HE cash would be perfect for me. It will allow me to outplay other players more. Sadly i don't have the bankroll to play NL50 HE. I don't even have the bankroll for NL25 SH actualy.

Hand 1: Probably the most interesting hand of the 2 sessions. I raise preflop, i get called by a player from the BB. he was playing quite good, i didn't really want to play hands against him. Because there were alot bigger fish at the table. On the flop i decide to just check, i hate playing out of position especially bluffing/semi-bluffing. Although i could have fired a cbet here i decided i'd rather keep the pot small. Turn card is pretty good. I have a few more outs if he has something. I decided to just check/call hoping to outplay him on the river. On the river.. now that was a dream card. I was positive he did not have a flush. Why check the flop and bet the turn if he did have a flush draw. There was a good chance he had air or some kind of weak pair like Jx. But i put him on a bluff (also because of the nearly potsized bet on the river), seeing as he played TAG and was able to fold hands. I decided to try something i hadn't really done before (conciously atleast). I read (and have seen) that people check/raise the river when they make strong hands. Everything about how i played the hand says that i have a flush draw and made it on the river. So i check/raise him.

$0.10/$0.25 Ante $0.05 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($63.70)
      UTG+1 ($35.28)
      CO ($18.82)
      BTN ($7.40)
      Hero ($50.24)
      BB ($62.40)

Pre-Flop: ($0.65, 6 players) Hero is SB A:club: 10:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75

Flop: K:club: 2:club: 5:diamond: ($2.30, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: J:heart: ($2.30, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

River: 7:club: ($5.30, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.25, Hero raises to $13.50, BB folds

Final Pot: $23.05
      Hero shows high card Ace
      A:club: 10:spade:

Hero wins $22.38 (net +$6.33)

hand 2: Pretty straightforward hand but i was really doubting what i should do on the river. Raise preflop obviously. On the flop i miss it But it's not that bad.
      I have 6 outs for overcards and i wouldn't mind seeing any 9 or a K either. Turn comes one of 14 cards i want to see, and it's easy to fire another barrel. I'd have given it up if it was a blank. He instacalled me on the flop so i knew he had something. When he instacalled me on the turn however i got quite worried. I thought he was slowplaying 2 pair or trips and just wasn't sure if i should fire another barrel on the river. I thought he had like Q-T or Q-3 at that point. River is another blank and i'm wondering if i will win here often enough that it is worth making another bet. In the end i decide to just make the bet and hope he has an 10x hand. which he turned out to have. (Now that i think about it. I had top pair Kings with 3 kicker earlier this session and ran into two pair K-2 [K28 flop). and lost a decent amount of chips. So i think that because that happened i was so worried that i was beat here)

$0.10/$0.25 Ante $0.05 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players

Stacks:
      Hero ($24.86)
      UTG+1 ($50.10)
      CO ($47.27)
      BTN ($36.85)
      SB ($62.50)
      BB ($102.57)

Pre-Flop: ($0.65, 6 players) Hero is UTG J:club: Q:club:
      Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BTN calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75

Flop: 3:club: 10:diamond: 6:heart: ($3.40, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.25, BTN folds, BB calls $2.25

Turn: Q:spade: ($7.90, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB calls $4.50

River: 2:heart: ($16.90, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $10.25, BB calls $10.25

Final Pot: $37.40
      Hero shows a pair of Queens
      J:club: Q:club:
      BB shows
      A:spade: 10:club:

Hero wins $35.58 (net +$17.53)

Sorry for the long posts :D Overall i'm very happy with how i played yesterday and today. The results are pretty good obviously. I didn't feel like i was playing my A+ game like yesterday. But i was still focused and thinking about what and why i did things.. I wouldn't say my B game but maybe A- :D I'm going to put in sessions regularly now and try to keep improving. I'm not sure if i'm going to be adding more tables. But i probably will when i have a decent amount of buy ins. I also noticed that many players play very straightforward at this limit. And don't adjust according to my agressive play or bluffs. So i'm afraid i will outlevel myself by thinking they actualy think about what i have. Also quite alot of callingstations. I'm going to keep bluffing frequently but i will have to pick my spots more carefully since some of them just can't let go of their middle pair weak kicker.

edit: I noticed i didn't tell about the disastrous session between my updates[about a month ago]. I dropped about 150BB due to some very very agressive play. Completely overplaying my hands and just getting into bad spots unnecesarily. I did obviously not run good but i still played terribly. I was tilting really badly and also chasing my losses. It would have been 250BB if i hadn't luckboxed and hit a 4 outer on the river.

(also @Justkyle. You have a blog named the same or something? I couldn't be bothered actualy searching for blogs that might have similar names and i still can't be since the search function sucks. [i type in the exact name of my blog and i see it at like the bottom end of the page]. Sorry if it is, But i'm not going to change it any time soon :D )
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      You had real talent for mmts I remember... not sure why you wanna play cash but you know better.

I don't know any good cash coaches but I can help you out with your hu game a little bit if you wish :)

Keep updating, I'll keep an eye on it.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wuttehhell
      You had real talent for mmts I remember... not sure why you wanna play cash but you know better.

I don't know any good cash coaches but I can help you out with your hu game a little bit if you wish :)

Keep updating, I'll keep an eye on it.
      I'm not sure about it. I have no real samplesize for MTT's so i don't consider myself a good MTT player. The problem with MTT's imo.. is that you can't really learn advanced concepts in tournaments that easily (you have to multitable ALOT to overcome variance so you can focus less on one table). So i don't think i will really improve my game by playing them at this point (or atleast not even close as much as other forms of poker). At this point i have not considerd moving back to HU sng's.. don't really have much confidence in my game in those. Idk really, if you'd be willing to do sweat sessions and stuff like that i'd definetly consider it.

Just want to take more poker more seriously now. This seems to be going pretty well, although i'm obviously running hot. I need to have more confidence in my game that's also part of the reason i want a coach. So that i can get confirmation that i'm doing well. :D