SB: $12.21
      BB: $8.15
      UTG: $2.45
      MP: $28.93
      CO: $37.94
      Hero (BTN): $15.83

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with J :spade: T :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 4 :club: J :diamond: T :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

Turn: ($1.95) 5 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20

River: ($4.35) 6 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $6.00, Hero calls $6

Final Pot: $16.35

Villian is unknown. I called on flop cause he is not representing anything there but I want to keep is range as wid as possible. Turn is blank and Villlian check.called. Now the problem is river. His line doesn't have any sense unless he hitted backdoor straight draw/flushdraw. Should I fold there??? His overbet shove looks really strong
  • 2 replies
    • gavinonymous
      I would raise the flop to about 2$

- to take down the dead money in the pot
      - for value, a BU raise looks weak so he might call with worse hands
      - for protection, against straight draws and backdoor flushes
      - to see where you are.

as played I would check back the turn and evaluate the river - likely call a medium sized bet.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd raise the flop as well, for value. He could donk out with a worse Jx or Tx even if he doesn't know why, he could do it with all sorts of draw including random gutshots on that board, and he's not going anywhere to a raise if he has a piece. Hell he could show up with QQ+ as well maybe he doesn't 3bet anything.

I'm definitely betting the turn again for value, I think checking it back is pretty atrocious. We'd miss a lot of value from made hands and draws alike, because people won't bluff on the river with every single busted draw whereas they'll very often just click call on the turn to see if they can spike their cards with any draw, and they aren't able to valuebet as thin as we are either.

Gross river action. Since it's only a slight overbet and we can't totally discount him showing up with Jx/QQ+, worse two pairs like 54/64 or busted draws like AQ/KQ/98 to name a few and he started out pretty aggressively by donking out pot which makes me think he's probably capable of bluffing with busted draws there, I'm probably not folding. Not too happy about it tho.

Hope it helps.