This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 : TPTK reraised

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $9.60
      MP1:
      $13.53
      Hero:
      $2

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , 9:club:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 4:spade: , 9:diamond: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, MP1 calls $0.60, Hero folds.

Turn: ($1.75) 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets $1.80, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: $3.55

Was it correct to fold against that reraise on the flop ?
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      You have TPTK. He didn't reraise here, he just raised. If you can put him on a set for sure, then you should fold. I think he can have many hands here, FD, weaker 9, etc. After MP1 also calls, you get the chance to call for pot odds of 1:4.5 almost. That's attractive. I think you should play, but whether call or reraise I don't know.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      He just raised indeed, sorry.
      If the other guy didn't call I'd have called it.
      Was a little worried of a set but more of an overpair (the MP1 slowplayed kings and jacks before) and with 2 players in I figured I was probably beat. I just don't know if the odds were right for a weaker hand to call.
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I think you took a good decision. Imo high probability for a set from one of them.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      After you got raised by your opponent and the other one called, your only option on the flop is to go All-In or to fold. SB could hold a weaker 9, Two Pair, a set, which he likes to protect against a flushdraw, or he holds an FD himself. MP1 most likely holds an FD here, since a Set has to protect here and would raise.

If you push I think you will get called mostly by at least one of them here. So your fold should be correct. But I will put the hand in the equilator in the next days and let you know. But since has to wait till sunday or monday, since I will be out of town over the weekend.