This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Becoming an Sng's GRINDER

• Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hi guys

Few days ago I decided to start wrinting a blog at pokerstrategy.com :) And here are the main reasons why I decided to do that:

:diamond: Improve my english ( so don't hesitate to correct my mistakes :f_biggrin: ).
      :diamond: Improve my poker skill.
      :diamond: Improve my mindset.

A bit about me:

I'm 19 years student from Lithuania. A month ago I started studying Tourism and Hotel Administration. It's only a first year, so I have plenty of time for grinding :s_grin:

My poker career:

I started playing poker a year ago with 50$ starting capital which I got from Pokerstrategy.com :f_love: I was playing only cash and I managed to move up to NL25 SH. However, I always wanted to start playing sng's and I believe the right time has come! :D So I decided to deposit 100$ to Pokerstars and start my SNG's career :f_biggrin:

Short term goals: (until October 10)

[X] Play at least 100 0,25$ 45man for warm up :f_grin:
      [ ] Read bronze strategy articles.
      [ ] Watch at least 3 videos.

Short term goals: (until November 1)

[ ] Start playing 1,2$ 9man
      [ ] Read silver and gold strategy articles
      [ ] Watch at lest 10 videos

The main goals:

:heart: Keep posting hands for evaluation.
      :heart: Have at least 100BI for a limit.
      :heart: Keep reading articles and watching videos.
      :heart: Have a big volume.

More goals will be added :f_biggrin:

Current Bankroll - 100$

Let the grinding begin! :s_grin:
  • 16 replies
    • remete13
      remete13
      Bronze
      Hi man, cheers from Hungary

Gl for your goals, but i have a suggestion: if you play at Pokerstars (it seems so)
      you should play 10cent turbo sng-s (360 player) instead of 0,25. It's way more profitable. You can make above 100% ROI.
    • Tulabas
      Tulabas
      Bronze
      Sekmes,Lietuvi. As ir pradedu mokintis SnG :)
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hi remete13. Thanks for your suggestion, I will try those 0,1$ turbo 360man :)

Sveikas Tulabai. Tau taip pat sekmės ;] Manau galėsim kada pasitarti ;]
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Karkis,

Just popped by to wish you all the best of luck with your sng's and with your blog. I look forward to hearing how you get on in due course.

Good luck and best regards,

Bart

p.s. Your English is very good by the way ;)
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Bronze
      hey man!

nice blogg and goals!

Keep it running! ;)
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Black
      O Karkis! :D
    • bogie
      bogie
      Global
      good luck :s_biggrin:
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Go go go ship the millions!
    • remete13
      remete13
      Bronze
      So, how is it goin'?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      im the complete opposite of you. I want to change from a sng grinder to a cash game plater ;) . I've grinded my br up with freerolls and then those 0,25 at stars. I played about 100 of those when i started playing sng with real cash buy in first with about 125% ROI (4 tabling) wether i was running reallly good or not i really don't know. About 6 months ago i started grinding them again from a $3 bankroll and played 222 of them with 99% ROI(12 tabling). They are however definetly really soft. I felt i had some really sick baf luck sessions however.

The variance is very high in those. Even with my roi i had sessions i busted 10/12 before cash and even lost 2bi but i also had sessions where i ran at 400 ROI. Goodluck with poker and your blog. If you want some advicxe or tips for those just ask. ;)

(You can also read about that in my previous blog on the last few pages if you want)
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hello!

Thanks all for the support :) As I said I was playing 0,25$ 45man sng's. My goal was to play at least 100 of them until October 10 and I made it :f_biggrin: The game is really soft so I managed to make some $ :s_grin:

I also tried some 0,1$ 360man turbo sng's but I didn't liked them. At the moment I'm really happy about my mindset. Bad beats don't make any bad emotions :s_love: I hope that higher limits won't change this :f_biggrin: Now I'm going to watch few videos of 1$ 9man sng's and I will try to play some of them :f_cool: Hope to post some hands in a few days :f_biggrin:

0,25$ 45man:

Games - 105
      ROI - 97,1%
      Profit
      +25,29$
      Bankroll - 125,29$
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hello

This week I tried 1+0.2$ 9man sng's and didn't liked them at all... I really do like 45man sng's so I'm going to stick to them :f_biggrin: One question... What do you think about 1+0.1$ 45man turbos? Are they profitable?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      wayyy profitable, just play push or fold and thats it, and there are lots of fish :)
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hi all!

Quick update:

Yesterday I started playing 1$ 45man turbo sng's. My plan is to play them until I reach 250-300$ and then move to 2$ 45man turbos. If I fall under 100$ I will move down and play 0.25$ 45man again :f_biggrin:

Some stats:

0,25$ 45man:
      Games - 182
      ROI - 75,3%
      Profit
      +34.25$

1,1$ 45man turbo
      Games - 77
      ROI - 8,6%
      Profit
      +7.3$

So bankroll now is 141$ :f_biggrin:
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      nice to see another lithuanian playing mt sngs ;) good luck, bro. Next limit after 1$ is 3$ ;) and they are also fishy
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Bronze
      well done, sir. ;)

good luck to you!