Becoming an Sng's GRINDER

• Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hi guys

Few days ago I decided to start wrinting a blog at pokerstrategy.com :) And here are the main reasons why I decided to do that:

:diamond: Improve my english ( so don't hesitate to correct my mistakes :f_biggrin: ).
      :diamond: Improve my poker skill.
      :diamond: Improve my mindset.

A bit about me:

I'm 19 years student from Lithuania. A month ago I started studying Tourism and Hotel Administration. It's only a first year, so I have plenty of time for grinding :s_grin:

My poker career:

I started playing poker a year ago with 50$ starting capital which I got from Pokerstrategy.com :f_love: I was playing only cash and I managed to move up to NL25 SH. However, I always wanted to start playing sng's and I believe the right time has come! :D So I decided to deposit 100$ to Pokerstars and start my SNG's career :f_biggrin:

Short term goals: (until October 10)

[X] Play at least 100 0,25$ 45man for warm up :f_grin:
      [ ] Read bronze strategy articles.
      [ ] Watch at least 3 videos.

Short term goals: (until November 1)

[ ] Start playing 1,2$ 9man
      [ ] Read silver and gold strategy articles
      [ ] Watch at lest 10 videos

The main goals:

:heart: Keep posting hands for evaluation.
      :heart: Have at least 100BI for a limit.
      :heart: Keep reading articles and watching videos.
      :heart: Have a big volume.

More goals will be added :f_biggrin:

Current Bankroll - 100$

Let the grinding begin! :s_grin:
  • 16 replies
    • remete13
      remete13
      Bronze
      Hi man, cheers from Hungary

Gl for your goals, but i have a suggestion: if you play at Pokerstars (it seems so)
      you should play 10cent turbo sng-s (360 player) instead of 0,25. It's way more profitable. You can make above 100% ROI.
    • Tulabas
      Tulabas
      Bronze
      Sekmes,Lietuvi. As ir pradedu mokintis SnG :)
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hi remete13. Thanks for your suggestion, I will try those 0,1$ turbo 360man :)

Sveikas Tulabai. Tau taip pat sekmės ;] Manau galėsim kada pasitarti ;]
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Karkis,

Just popped by to wish you all the best of luck with your sng's and with your blog. I look forward to hearing how you get on in due course.

Good luck and best regards,

Bart

p.s. Your English is very good by the way ;)
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      hey man!

nice blogg and goals!

Keep it running! ;)
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      O Karkis! :D
    • bogie
      bogie
      Global
      good luck :s_biggrin:
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Go go go ship the millions!
    • remete13
      remete13
      Bronze
      So, how is it goin'?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      im the complete opposite of you. I want to change from a sng grinder to a cash game plater ;) . I've grinded my br up with freerolls and then those 0,25 at stars. I played about 100 of those when i started playing sng with real cash buy in first with about 125% ROI (4 tabling) wether i was running reallly good or not i really don't know. About 6 months ago i started grinding them again from a $3 bankroll and played 222 of them with 99% ROI(12 tabling). They are however definetly really soft. I felt i had some really sick baf luck sessions however.

The variance is very high in those. Even with my roi i had sessions i busted 10/12 before cash and even lost 2bi but i also had sessions where i ran at 400 ROI. Goodluck with poker and your blog. If you want some advicxe or tips for those just ask. ;)

(You can also read about that in my previous blog on the last few pages if you want)
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hello!

Thanks all for the support :) As I said I was playing 0,25$ 45man sng's. My goal was to play at least 100 of them until October 10 and I made it :f_biggrin: The game is really soft so I managed to make some $ :s_grin:

I also tried some 0,1$ 360man turbo sng's but I didn't liked them. At the moment I'm really happy about my mindset. Bad beats don't make any bad emotions :s_love: I hope that higher limits won't change this :f_biggrin: Now I'm going to watch few videos of 1$ 9man sng's and I will try to play some of them :f_cool: Hope to post some hands in a few days :f_biggrin:

0,25$ 45man:

Games - 105
      ROI - 97,1%
      Profit
      +25,29$
      Bankroll - 125,29$
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hello

This week I tried 1+0.2$ 9man sng's and didn't liked them at all... I really do like 45man sng's so I'm going to stick to them :f_biggrin: One question... What do you think about 1+0.1$ 45man turbos? Are they profitable?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      wayyy profitable, just play push or fold and thats it, and there are lots of fish :)
    • Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Hi all!

Quick update:

Yesterday I started playing 1$ 45man turbo sng's. My plan is to play them until I reach 250-300$ and then move to 2$ 45man turbos. If I fall under 100$ I will move down and play 0.25$ 45man again :f_biggrin:

Some stats:

0,25$ 45man:
      Games - 182
      ROI - 75,3%
      Profit
      +34.25$

1,1$ 45man turbo
      Games - 77
      ROI - 8,6%
      Profit
      +7.3$

So bankroll now is 141$ :f_biggrin:
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      nice to see another lithuanian playing mt sngs ;) good luck, bro. Next limit after 1$ is 3$ ;) and they are also fishy
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      well done, sir. ;)

good luck to you!