This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Variance

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I just want to know what a normal variance can be.
      I'm playing NL10 SSS with all articles concerning SSS printed out besides me at my desk and I'm trying to stick to it as much as I can.

After about 1500 hands I'm down about 20 $ or 6BB/100hands and there aren't many hands where I have second thoughts about my decision made.

Is this normal variance or must there really be something wrong with my game ?

*edit* down 15 $ now, bought a 3$ speed sit'n'go freebee and got 2nd. I can't wait until I have 2500 points to cash them out atm.
  • 8 replies
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      Variance is way bigger, theres even a chance u go broke. But dont go tilting and buy in for speed sit n go's! Those things are marginally +EV and a crapshoot anywayz!
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I didn't buy in, I used 300 PP for an entry ticket, thinking that I could use the possible money now more than saving up to 2500 PP before cashing in my points ... that's the only reason.
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      then its alrite :p, btw i believe u only need to collect those 2.5kPP, so u can spend them on sit n go's and stuff.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      nope , you can only do one or the other. If you spend some points on a sit n go they are gone for good.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Yes I know. At the moment it's a "free" shot a some small cash, to save me against bankrupcy for the moment. By the time I have 2500 PP I'll also have cleared the 100$ bonus, so I'd rather spend them now and save them up when the bonus is cleared or my bankroll's in a safer zone :D
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Sonic, when I switched from FL to NL, my first 2000 or so hands cost me 18 buy ins, or $36. It was horrendous. I got that money back without playing much differently, and then moved up a limit when I was sure I wasn't a complete dildo.

I've had that kind of variance a couple of times. It's unfortunate when it happens first up, but stay with it.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      That's what I do, I know I play like I'm supposed to now and I keep losing I can blame you guys ;)
      But I quit at 43 $ (-2.44 BB/100 in 2500 hands + 7.2 $ from the SnG)

The reason I asked was that NL10 SSS is supposed to give me a safe bankroll at 50 $ if I read the articles correctly and I wanted reassurance it was. I already blew my first 50 $, but I can only blame myself and youthful enthousiasm for that :D
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Ok, at 58 $ now, I believe in variance :D