[NL2-NL10] NL10 : JJ on paired board

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $4.64
      Hero:
      $2.12

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , J:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) 7:diamond: , Q:heart: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($2.15) T:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.12 (All-In), MP1 calls $1.12.

River: ($4.39) 9:spade:

Final Pot: $4.39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows [ Ac, 7c ] three of a kind, Sevens
      Hero shows [ Jc, Jh ] two pairs, Jacks and Sevens
      MP1 wins $4.18 USD with three of a kind, Sevens.

Was it correct in this situation to push all-in.
      From the preflop play, I could never have asumed he had a 7 and he didn't raise the minbet on the flop so I kind of ruled out a queen as well.

The minbet was an accident btw. He was thinking a while and I was about to click "bet pot" when he suddenly checked and the "bet pot" checkbox changed into the "bet ($0.10)" button :D
      Bet pot was all-in in this case.
  • 2 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I think all-in on flop was the right decision. There's no way you can think he has a 7. If he has a Q, that's bad luck.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      You´re pot committed. The only hand thats beats you right now is a Q or a 7 in his hand. But he often will also call with any other pair when he puts your on Overcards. With your minbet you allow him to stay in the hand very cheap and hit one of his outs.

So either push on the flop or give up your hand. On boards like these I would always push, since I often get called by weaker hands or my opponents fold their hand, what is good as well.