This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ nl10fr Rush

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Full Tilt Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 963929
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $3.33
      UTG: $9.55
      UTG+1: $10.40
      UTG+2: $10.13
      MP1: $10.74
      Hero (MP2): $14.14
      CO: $3.77
      BTN: $3.80
      SB: $4.43

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP2 with Q :heart: Q :diamond:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.30) 7 :diamond: 4 :heart: 4 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG+2 bets $1.20, Hero raises to $3, SB folds, UTG+2 raises to $9.73, Hero calls $6.73

Turn: ($20.76) J :diamond: (2 players)

River: ($20.76) 2 :heart: (2 players)

Villian was unknown. I didn't want to 3-bet pre cause I would turn my hand into a bluff. I doubt he is cbeting really wide here in 3-way pot but still there is more hand that I am ahead than I am behind. Flop is two tone so I didn't wanted to flat call+ even on blank he will continue his aggresion with 99-JJ (but that's just an asumption). Is this good/bad play??
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      As strong hand as QQ I would likely still 3-bet pf, although call is also fine. Just if you flat there QQ, I guess you´re also flatting with AK and then only 3-betting with KK/AA which makes playing against you quite easy. Fold AK to your 3-bet, call pp-s or maybe suited connectors to his favorable flop and then stack your overpair
      So I think keeping your 3-betting range wider than KK/AA is a little better option.
      raise/call is fine postflop. Not sure if he is going to shove there JJ/TT but he may easily take that line consider he would likely not put you on QQ+ and that you would often raise there with draws
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Hi,
      The problem is that majority of my oponnent on Rush Fr play something like 9/7 style sometimes even 8/6 or so. Should I still 3-bet them with QQ (or Villian lets say 12/10 who OR from UTG 7-8 of his range)?? What would be your range here+ if you 3-bet QQ AK would you 5-bet/jam vs 4-bet / call shove???
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by franeczek
      Hi,
      The problem is that majority of my oponnent on Rush Fr play something like 9/7 style sometimes even 8/6 or so. Should I still 3-bet them with QQ (or Villian lets say 12/10 who OR from UTG 7-8 of his range)?? What would be your range here+ if you 3-bet QQ AK would you 5-bet/jam vs 4-bet / call shove???
      against 9/7 and 8/6 I won´t really 3-bet. So you´re right then just call pf. But then I´d also just call him down since I don´t think he is stacking off too many worse hands. Against 12/10 I´d still 3-bet and also call shove or shove over 4-bet
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      The problem with that hand is that there is one palyer left that I don't want to give odds to call (still is more likely that SB will check/fold here)+ there is many cards I don't want to see- any :diamond: K or A. I thought that it is more likely that he will sove vs my raise with worse here (cause I don't represent here anything except for draw)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by franeczek
      The problem with that hand is that there is one palyer left that I don't want to give odds to call (still is more likely that SB will check/fold here)+ there is many cards I don't want to see- any :diamond: K or A. I thought that it is more likely that he will sove vs my raise with worse here (cause I don't represent here anything except for draw)
      '
      since you also have there Qd then diamond is not really the worse card. A and K might come but reason just calling is that you give him anyway very strong hand. But if you think he can raise shove there worse hands then raise/call is fine play