18 man videos?

• 6 replies
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      18 and 27 man sng videos would be much appriciated !
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      If u play 18man SnGs, u should play them almost exactly the same way as u would the single table SnGs. The only real difference is that u should apply the cEV for a part of the game, while the $EV situations are pretty much identical. Also game selection is likely a must once u move up to the mid level games, stats will likely be invaluable also (though it will take u some time to work up a credible sample). The fact that antes come in sooner compared to how many players are left in the tournament should also make u steal a bit more often, apart from that u can hardly go wrong in a 2table SnG if u've got winning knowledge from STTs.

For the 3table SnG, I think it's too rare a format to make videos about.
    • Murn90
      Murn90
      Bronze
      Atoks: You make it sound like 9 man sngs are more profitable?
      I was just thinking that they might be to reg infested?
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      Originally posted by Murn90
      Atoks: You make it sound like 9 man sngs are more profitable?
      I was just thinking that they might be to reg infested?
      The 18mans are just as reg infested as the 9mans tbh. Also either form of these games is likely to be as profitable as the other due to the "simplicity" of the situations players face. I guess one could build up a slightly bigger edge for the 18mans, due to the fact that 9mans are so heavily analyzed and the 18mans should have a slightly bigger emphasis on cEV compared to the 9mans.

U can't really rely on videos to teach u how to play any of the games if u want to truly become a standout winning player. In order to achieve this u'll have to put in the necessary work urself or invest into some proper coaching. If u consider this u should simply play the games u enjoy best and put in the added effort to learn on ur own. End of the day the most important thing to get u through the grind will be ur enjoyment of the games u play. As for the profits, they will be determined by how much u enjoy analyzing the games u play.
    • Murn90
      Murn90
      Bronze
      Thanks man.
    • CBFunk
      CBFunk
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

just forwarded this thread to Aaron Lambert, pretty sure he will be able to do some videos about 18 and 27man SnGs.

Regards,

Clemens