This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] have i played this correctly?

• vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i feel like i didn't played this hand correctly(don't know why)

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:diamond: , 9:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 5:diamond: , 8:heart: , J:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.70, Hero raises to $1.20 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.55) 8:spade:
      River: ($3.55) 2:club:

Final Pot: $3.55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows [ 4c, 4s ] two pairs, Eights and Fours
      Hero shows [ 9d, 9h ] two pairs, Nines and Eights
      Hero wins $3.38 USD with two pairs, Nines and Eights.
  • 2 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      First, please don´t post the results of your hands, you want to get evaluated.

He could donk here with any pair, when he puts you only on Overcards. It wouldn´t be a mistake to fold here. Problem with pushing is, that you have no fold equity. So your opponents wants you All-In. So he will hold a made hand. And even if he is not, you do not want to see any higher card to your 9 here.

Without reads I would fold here. If he had done that more often in the past against me in similar situation I would have pushed.
    • Chessexpert
      Chessexpert
      Bronze
      I agree to the fold. He called your preflop raise and lead on the flop. You just have second pair so it is an (easy) fold against most opponents.

Chessexpert