Steps - Great Success!!!

• bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      So on the last day of the miniFTOPS I ran deep in the rush rebuy and made it to the 900 bucks (boosting my BR to 1000, lol).

So with this new-found wealth I decided to buy into 10 of the $3 steps SNG... final result so far: 4 Step 4 tokens (4x$75 = $300).

So not only have I made a nice bit of profit, but now I have to decide what to do with all these tokens. I already had 1 "reserved" for the next miniFTOPS Main Event, so that is out of the question for now... I basically have two options:

a) Play the $75 Matrix SNG's (I have been crushing the $26 ones lately)
      b) Keep playing the steps and :
      b1) Go for the WSOP
      b2) Go for the $216 tokens so I can play a big MTT on teh sundays

My BR: $1200 + 5x$75 tokens

Suggestions are greatly welcome!
  • 9 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey bakoy,

Gratz! Making $30 to $300 is quite good. :)

Well it depends what you want to do. If you want to minimize variance you should play the $75 Matrix SnGs. Because there you get cash.

WSOP steps and the big MTTs will be a great success, but there is at least one more step in between to come in the money.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Hmmm, its a tough one.

Although, my long-term goal in poker is to make it big in MTT's so I think I'm going to go for the dream and try the $216s, which I would never usually play. I can leave the profit-making to my standard $26 matrix SNG's

Thanks for the tip :D
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I would buy into FTOPS events/ sattys to the events but thats just me and I like big tournaments.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Good luck :)

Please post an update, when you try those tournaments.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I wanted to try the $75 matrix but never could find one that filled up :(
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      heh, guess the poker gods don't like braggers... lost all 4 tickets, and subsequent smaller tickets (combination of bad beats and bad plays)

try again... =/
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      I also "tilted" and bought into about 30 of the $3 steps... managed to barely break even - 4x $26 tickets

Decided to use those in the $26 matrix SNG's to recoup my "investment" into cash rather than tickets, but didnt do too well in those and managed to get only about $50 back! :(
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Yeah I would just use those tickets to enter $26 sit n gos or MTT's and have a bit of fun and hope to score big. I think buying too many steps is a bad idea.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Ui, doesn't sound good :(

Well I think you should go back to your normal play, because there you boosted your bankroll to $1000.

Cheers,
      Hannes