This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Steps - Great Success!!!

• bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      So on the last day of the miniFTOPS I ran deep in the rush rebuy and made it to the 900 bucks (boosting my BR to 1000, lol).

So with this new-found wealth I decided to buy into 10 of the $3 steps SNG... final result so far: 4 Step 4 tokens (4x$75 = $300).

So not only have I made a nice bit of profit, but now I have to decide what to do with all these tokens. I already had 1 "reserved" for the next miniFTOPS Main Event, so that is out of the question for now... I basically have two options:

a) Play the $75 Matrix SNG's (I have been crushing the $26 ones lately)
      b) Keep playing the steps and :
      b1) Go for the WSOP
      b2) Go for the $216 tokens so I can play a big MTT on teh sundays

My BR: $1200 + 5x$75 tokens

Suggestions are greatly welcome!
  • 9 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey bakoy,

Gratz! Making $30 to $300 is quite good. :)

Well it depends what you want to do. If you want to minimize variance you should play the $75 Matrix SnGs. Because there you get cash.

WSOP steps and the big MTTs will be a great success, but there is at least one more step in between to come in the money.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Hmmm, its a tough one.

Although, my long-term goal in poker is to make it big in MTT's so I think I'm going to go for the dream and try the $216s, which I would never usually play. I can leave the profit-making to my standard $26 matrix SNG's

Thanks for the tip :D
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I would buy into FTOPS events/ sattys to the events but thats just me and I like big tournaments.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Good luck :)

Please post an update, when you try those tournaments.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I wanted to try the $75 matrix but never could find one that filled up :(
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      heh, guess the poker gods don't like braggers... lost all 4 tickets, and subsequent smaller tickets (combination of bad beats and bad plays)

try again... =/
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      I also "tilted" and bought into about 30 of the $3 steps... managed to barely break even - 4x $26 tickets

Decided to use those in the $26 matrix SNG's to recoup my "investment" into cash rather than tickets, but didnt do too well in those and managed to get only about $50 back! :(
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Yeah I would just use those tickets to enter $26 sit n gos or MTT's and have a bit of fun and hope to score big. I think buying too many steps is a bad idea.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Ui, doesn't sound good :(

Well I think you should go back to your normal play, because there you boosted your bankroll to $1000.

Cheers,
      Hannes