Rush Poker

• jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I've been playing 4-tabling Rush Poker full ring NL5 for a few months now. I've been playing without a HUD so I don't know the exact number of hands or winrate, but if my calculations are correct I've played around 300K hands with only a 2bb/100 hands winrate.

I've started taking shots at NL10 and find it to be the same as NL5 except that I've noticed more people are multitabling and there are more regulars. Will a HUD help me improve my winrate? How much? What type of winrate should i shoot for before moving on to NL25?

Thanks
  • 17 replies
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      FYI: You can use FTPs widgets to count how many hands and how much profit you have made.
    • Pizzacat
      Pizzacat
      Bronze
      I climbed to Rush NL50 without any help from HUD. Just started to use it recently but have made some great plays basing on it. Dunno if it helps that much on lower stakes.

It's an okay winrate, the main thing is that ur bankrolls builds up. I think i started NL25 with ~500$ BR
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi jonnyquest,

2bb/100 is a quite good winrate, if you play 4 tables at the same time at Rush Poker.

If you know how to use a HUD with all the statistic it can help you a lot. But you need to know how to use it.

Good luck on the tables,
      Hannes
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Joronamo - Thanks I'm going to look into this, I didn't know about this function.

Pizzacat - I started taking shots at NL10 when I hit $400. I was planning on taking shots at NL25 at $750-$1k. Yeah, I'm not sure that the HUD will help me that much at NL10 but I want to adjust to it before NL25. I also feel I'm losing some value in steal/resteal situations with a lack of stats.

HannesZ - I realize that I should be pleased with any positive winrate, especially at a variant that allows me to play 1200 hands per hour. However, I feel that I've been running really well so my winrate should be much higher. When playing 4 tables of regular speed NL5 FR my winrate was close to 5bb/100 hands.

Thanks for the replies.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by jonnyquest
      HannesZ - I realize that I should be pleased with any positive winrate, especially at a variant that allows me to play 1200 hands per hour. However, I feel that I've been running really well so my winrate should be much higher. When playing 4 tables of regular speed NL5 FR my winrate was close to 5bb/100 hands.
      You cannot compare 4 normal tables NL5 and 4 tables NL5 rush poker. ;) 4 tables rush poker are about 18 to 20 normal tables. If you play so many hands per hour, you miss a lot of information and mostly won't write notes, which would help you in later situation. So you will lose a edge. However your hourly winrate is much higher.

However if you are not sure how to play hands, you should post them in our hand evaluation forum.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      however with rush poker other players also miss out on a lot of information about you, so this balances out. :s_cool:
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      4 tables rush poker are about 18 to 20 normal tables

Disagreed. I'd say it's more like 9-12 normal tables. I mean 20-tabling fr you'll have much less time to make each decision than with 4 rush tables. The handcount doesn't tell it all, imo.
    • geoelt
      geoelt
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      however with rush poker other players also miss out on a lot of information about you, so this balances out. :s_cool:
      disagree.

at least until nl100, there is enough fish which isnt able to get any information about me in normal ring games, but i'm able to get about them... so i dont think it really balances out...

anyway, i love rush :) 4 tabeling nl50 atm, so sick volume, even if u grind it BE u have a very nice profit from RB... and i guess its good for ps as well ;)
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      I have only played up to NL25 rush so I am not sure about higher limits, but 25 and below you definitely don't need a HUD. Obviously it helps but its not a huge deal.

My laptop is too ghetto to run a HUD while four-tabling rush, but I have never really had any problems. :f_cool:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I play rush NL10 and have played a lot. I can say that for me the use of a HUD makes a major difference.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      If you know how to use it, it can be a big help. However some players overestimate the numbers and just focus on them.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I'd say get one and learn how to use it.

Poker is a game of incomplete info. and the more info you have the more edge you have.

:) .

@HannesZ dont you like contradicting me? lol
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I realize now that my upswing has ended, that I am a break even player at best(maybe a losing player) I'm losing a ton of value with poor play. I need to fix a lot of leaks before even thinking about Nl25. I'm going to use tracking software(PT3) to review my play and eventually start using the HuD feature. Thanks for all the input, it's been helpful.
    • EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by geoelt
      anyway, i love rush :) 4 tabeling nl50 atm, so sick volume, even if u grind it BE u have a very nice profit from RB... and i guess its good for ps as well ;)
      Hey there, I guess we have met on the tables, maybe can you share your contacts and we could discuss a bit ;)
    • jnkFDH
      jnkFDH
      Bronze
      The fun part of nl5 rush poker!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $6.96
      UTG2:
      $6.83
      MP1:
      $1.21
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $2.55
      CO:
      $4.10
      BU:
      $3.55
      SB:
      $7.17
      BB (Hero):
      $5.41

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      7 folds, SB raises to $7.17, Hero calls $5.36(All-In).

Flop: ($12.58) 5, 7, 9 (2 players)

Turn: ($12.58) Q (2 players)

River: ($12.58) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.58.
      Results follow:

SB shows a pair of nines(8 9).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(A A).
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Oh my good! Nice!

Do you have a graph about your NL5 rush poker career?
    • jnkFDH
      jnkFDH
      Bronze
      In case you were asking me : i played on a lot of different computers recently (been on the move :P ) and don't have the HH. Recently started playing on my own comp.and only have 8k hands so far.
      Maybe i'll post one when i gather more hands:)