[NL20-NL50] top two KQ SB vs BU nl50

• supeyrio
      villian is a reg 15/12/3.0 50% steal on button. after that he chat box sayin : no bluff me.
      good fold?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Poker Stars
      Hero ($75.15)
      BB ($27.40)
      UTG ($51)
      UTG+1 ($102)
      UTG+2 ($61.25)
      CO ($17.35)
      BTN ($60.40)

Dealt to Hero K:club: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

FLOP ($4.50) 9:heart: Q:spade: K:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $3, Hero raises to $8, BB folds, BTN raises to $18, Hero calls $10

TURN ($40.50) 9:heart: Q:spade: K:diamond: 3:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $40.90 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $38.50
  • 9 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      Realistically only two hands have you beat on the flop (J-10 & 99). But his range is alot larger than this. How do you think he'd play hands like: AK, AQ, KJ? Do you think he'd steal with K9s?
      I think you're ment to go broke on the turn. Never trust what a play says in chat. Normally the opposite of what he says is true.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Well dont forget QQ and KK.

He cbets into 2 players on a board that hits your (and fishy BB) calling range pretty hard, and his super small 4bet on the flop sux imo. And bcause of the fish in the hand, he will play pretty ABC. Pretty hard to fold top 2-pair. But he must know you have something bcause you 3bet and call 4bet, so he wont bluff that much on the turn IMO.

But if you intend to fold to a turn bet then you shouldnt call the 4bet on the flop. so there it is fold/shove IMO.

Orrr you know he is aggro, then its a nice induce and you should call the turn.

• TetraQuark

I really dunno why you call his 4b on flop if you have intention c/f turn.
      But for me this is pure push on flop your hand is just too strong, if he shows up with KK QQ 99 or JT its a cooler.
      + Vs 50% steal from btn I am just 3b him pf with KQs and taking the pot there.

hope it helps
    • supeyrio
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $3, Hero raises to $8, BB folds, BTN raises to $18, Hero calls $10

btn bet, hero raise, btn 3bet, hero call. so hero call 4bet????????????????
    • TetraQuark
      Yeah but why?

1. With intention to get one more line of value from him cuz his agro and ch/r him.

2. To magically hit your 4 outs and than stack him???

You call a 4b than ch turn and expect him to ch/b or smth?
    • supeyrio
      i think my point is i called a 3bet not a 4bet??? unless i'm mistaken since two person commented that i called a 4b.

so with what hand can he take a line like this other than KK QQ 99 or JT???
      AK? AQ? AA? nahhh

imho, with such a line,his value range is JT, KK, QK, KQ, QQ, 99, Q9, K9.

equilator says i have the right odds to call against this assigned range so probably a fold was bad.

but if we remove Q9, and K9 from his range, then i only have 21% equity. question is will he play Q9 and K9 this way?

i called the 3bet because i think he will not spew his bluffs away after getting called since i indicate lots of strength. but since he shove, i think i'm beat almost always. i dont think its right to get it in on the flop since there are no strong draws, gutshots at best and i dont think they will play their pair+gutshot draws this way on this board. hence i think a call and reevaluate is best, ofc we run the risk of a crap card falling, but risk reward wise, calling down is better?
    • DecMate
      IMO either push or fold after he re-raises you're re-raise.
      His line looks superstrong, IMO he either has JT, KK, KQ, QQ, 99, i woulden't even put Q9, K9 in his range.
      So you are crushed by his range, as he is pretty much never bluffing in this spot, so i don't mind a fold once he 3b's you as you're never a favourite, only chopping/losing.
    • Chenghao
      guess you can 3bet his button raise . with his button 50 % ATS , i would
      3bet him with TT+ , AJ , KQs and random junk to resteal as he needs to be controlled!

as played , i would probably adopt a passive plan and let him hang himself by ch/c-ing. cos his steal range is probably very wide , his probably the TAG variant of sLAG . very tight all positions except button ( see his Blinds / EP/ MP / LP PFR if its the case)
    • Kaitz20
      not really sure that he wouldn´t play AA or maybe even AK that way
      if you also add these hands+ maybe some bluffs in his flops 3-bet range then turn seems easy c/c
      I likely wouldn´t really c/r flop if I didn´t want to play for stacks. Also since board is not that drawy I think he might b/c himself with JT or his sets