SB: $10.87
      BB: $10.22
      UTG: $10.00
      Hero (MP): $11.97
      CO: $13.25
      BTN: $12.14

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with K :heart: K :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) J :club: 6 :heart: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.95) Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO raises to $3, Hero calls $2

River: ($7.95) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.80, Hero calls $5.80

Villian is 14/9/2.0 after 35 hands. I didn't believe his raise on turn cause he is representing there extremely narrow range (JJ,66,QQ, maybe AA) still there is many AQhands or some random bluffs but I didn't know if he is capable of making bluffs there... Would you still use here nit theorem and just fold???
  • 2 replies
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      hand sample isnt very big, but against player 14/9 he can easily have there JJ or AQ. Maybe KQ
      QQ/KK/AA would be reraise pre
      with JJ I dont see why would he call flop (maybe weak slowplay)
      and calling with KQ/AQ depends on your image on a table.
      For me its very much depends on his play previous hands so.. I think you need to decide on a turn if you wanna move it in or fold. At this situation you just allow to see him one more card and possibly paying him off anyways.

P.S. Im just learning to use stats so maybe that all I wrote is just bull**** :P
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Nit handbook says it's a fold unless maybe he's dumb enough to believe he's value-raising QJ there, which again is only made up of 2 combos of QJs probably due to his preflop calling range behind tight.

The "he's not representing many hands" argument is way overrated at microstakes when you're playing against tags/nits, they just aren't out of line often enough to warrant you worrying about it. Here is what it comes down to: he's tight, it's full ring and it looks like you have AJ+, he's still raising the turn regardless, fold.

Hope it helps.