for those who read the poker mindset

• 8 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      you are playing 16 superturbo sngs and ISP dies, do you tilt?

I would love to say no , but my nearly broken foot begs to differ :f_mad:
      I think this is a rather extreme and rare enough thing that it's okay to tilt after such a fail :f_biggrin:

Even the Poker Mindset says that you can't always avoid tilting ...
      You either control your tilt and play on or quit playing ...

You "quit" the tables so it's okay to tilt, no further harm done (poker wise harm at least :f_biggrin: )
    • rbdflyboy
      rbdflyboy
      Bronze
      Mosy definately...and then I search for a new ISP.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i stab myself in the ancle
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Get a mobile internet provider. If your normal ISP fails, for couple of dollars a month you get a pretty decent backup.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      send FT a email and they might be able to give u some money back. I heard lennonmac got some money back when it happened to him.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by L3ST
      Get a mobile internet provider. If your normal ISP fails, for couple of dollars a month you get a pretty decent backup.
      that would be nice, this is the third world so I doubt $2/month and I didn't even find anything on google when I looked for it.

send FT a email and they might be able to give u some money back. I heard lennonmac got some money back when it happened to him.

I'll try, it's not FTP fault at all so I don't expect anything. It's +EV

i stab myself in the ancle

I get it , you read 2+2 ¿lololololololol?
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Once I punched my desk so hard that my computer bluescreened. My net came back but I was still rebooting. Needless to say I don't punch my desk any more. Gotta just chillllllllllll and hope your net comes back soon. Nothing more you can do.
    • Mulatu
      Mulatu
      Bronze
      In September this happened to me. I disconnected for over 30 min with about 18 players left in a MTT, with a very healthy stack (like top 5 I think). When I finally reconnected there where 12 left and I only had enough chips to play one pot (FL Omaha 8 Or Better). I doubled up and got to the final table but busted short of the money (it was a Satellite, only 6 places paid I think).

Honestly I don't think I really tilted that much... just very frustrated. I did get some chips back pretty soon though, that obviously helped. While I waited to get back online I just thought it's completely out of my control... very different to making a bad play or getting sucked out on.