This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKs

• Windshow
      Windshow
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.97)
      BB ($5.53)
      UTG ($3.04)
      UTG+1 ($6.98)
      UTG+2 ($5.68)
      Hero ($5.04)
      MP2 ($5)
      CO ($2.14)
      BTN ($5.85)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.42) 9:diamond: 3:spade: K:spade:

BB bets $0.42, Hero raises to $1.20, BB raises to $4.02, Hero raises to $4.84 (AI), BB calls $0.82

TURN ($10.10) 9:diamond: 3:spade: K:spade: 8:spade:

RIVER ($10.10) 9:diamond: 3:spade: K:spade: 8:spade: J:club:

BB shows 3:club: 3:heart:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 98.1%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows K:club: A:club:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 1.9%, Turn 0.0%)

BB wins $9.43

Happy call flop with top pair top kicker and then go broke vs set? or should i fold it after he 4 bet me?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Tough if you don't know whether he's a reg or a fish. After he just donks for pot instead of 3/4 or 2/3 I'd probably assume he's fishier than average and put a bunch of Kx in his range, so I think your line is ok. If you can look him up in a "player search" on your poker site or something do it, it'll help decide if he's a reg or a fish.

If you happen to know he is a reg usually you're flipping or dead when he pot/jams, so you might want to just call the flop in case he's doing that with a flushdraw or something and look for good spots on blank turns. That said tags with draws usually won't donk out for pot, so it's quite possible already it's exactly a setmining pocket pair trying to "protect" its flopped set on that board, I could even see myself just dumping it on the flop against some known nits.

Hope it helps.