Poker Tools

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi all, I've read through the forums and saw some people mentioning about tools like ICM, Pokertracker, Hand Converter and Elephant.

I've download Pokertracker and Hand Converter but have no idea whatsoever how to use them.

I play on Fulltilt mainly on their SnG turbo so I shove very often and it has very high variance. Is there any need for me to get these tools?

If yes, what are they?

Thanks(:
  • 4 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey cheekopeh,

All these pieces of software should be no doubt a helpful way to improve your overall game.

ICM trainer: will be perfect to train you when to push and when to fold in those tough all-in moments in Your fast paced SnGs.

PokerTracker/Elephant: will be able to let you keep track of your winnings and will also show you your stats so you can track on how your playing.

and

Hand converter: will allow you to transfer your Hand History so your hands are more readable so you can post them in the hand evaluation forum so our judges/coaches can look at your hands and help you improve your play.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hey justkyle, thanks for the info. I will be testing ICM out.

By the way, I've gotten my bankroll up to $70 by playing $2 turbo sngs and I more often than not finish in the top 3. And I thought it's a pretty good and fast way to build up my bankroll.

However I also know the huge variance of sng, and with lots of shoving in the game will anyone of you recommend that I actually try a FL or NL game to build up my experience and skills?

Although my main objective now is of course to build up my bankroll.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Sorry to come into the thread, but it's relevant really, since he's asking about different games and limit :)

What's the best place for a beginner like me to start? I'm currently play 1$ SNG, 9 person or 18 person and just that really. What would be best to play, to improve my skills (and bankroll i suppose!), bearing in mind i want to be playing tournaments and taking it as far as I can in the future :]
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      In reply to both of you it seems like you are both torn between choosing a game and sticking to it.
      Quick and simple answer is: Pick the game YOU enjoy. There is no point playing a game that doesn't interest you.
      Do some research on your choice. Maybe read a blog of each game from the community here. But don't choose that game because someone might be winning at it and therefore you think its soft. That player could have been studying the game for months/years.

Take your time and play the game that is most interesting....to YOU.

Regards,

Kyle.