[NL2-NL10] Implied odd? Or bad call? (Str Draw VS Set )

• Vepof
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.04, 2 folds, BB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.09) 6, T, Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.49) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.49.

Implied odds or bad call?

(The BB guy was very tight, and also very agressive, he had a set of tens probably or at least two pair)
  • 3 replies
    • iHopeiProfit
      you call overbet on flop and fold to 1/2 bet on turn? seems bad

also try not to minraise
    • justkyle88
      TRY? Don't min-raise at all. period.
      All min-raises do is give your opponent good odds.
      There is spots where u can min-raise post-flop but obvsly won't get into that.

As for the hand....

Raise bigger PF.
      And fold to that donk over-bet. We get horrible odds. Plus we have discounted outs with the FD we only have 6 outs instead of 8
    • MaestroOfZerg

Make a normal raise preflop.

On the flop I don't hate the call being slightly deep, especially since I don't really expect the guy to take that line with a flushdraw so I'm not too worried about tainted outs on that. Yes diamond outs might slowdown the action a bit, but against bad players that's usually not a good enough excuse for them to start folding top pairs instead of paying off at least one bet.

As played I'd call the turn as well, we're getting ~3.5:1 immediate odds and we can be pretty sure we'll face another $0.2 bet on the river, it just looks like that what this guy does, which pumps it up to ~4.5:1. Even if he only has a Q he'll very likely pay off a minraise on the river that gives us ~5.5:1, so overall we get our necessary implied odds easily even if we simply check/fold when we miss.

Hope it helps.