This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Mixing FR and SH

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I am thinking about learning to play short handed. And what do you think should I play only short handed, or I can mix - sometimes SH, sometimes FR, according to available amount of tables, fishes.
      Are they completely different or not? The example is like SNG and NL, they are very diferent, so I choose to study and play only one.
  • 1 reply
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well its not that big of a difference as sngs and cash games. SH is the same as FR with out 3 early positions. This changes the game in a manner that you play a few more hands then you would in FR. This means you play a few weaker hands that take more experience to play post flop and you get yourself in more tricky spots than you would in FR. This also leads to a bit higher variance.

So yeah there's no problem in mixing those 2, even more its helpful if you know how to play both and improve your general poker skill.