How much have you won on poker!

• dannyrickets
      dannyrickets
      Bronze
      Hi to all you poker guys & girls out there im kinda new to poker and im just wondering how much money is there to be made in poker REALISTIC
      how many tournaments have you entered how how many won and what you won.
      it would be nice to get a reply to help me out cheers people!
  • 29 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      30.000$ online
    • dannyrickets
      dannyrickets
      Bronze
      OMG what site is that on and how long have you been playing and how much you spent?
    • BOBOsvk
      BOBOsvk
      Bronze
      i remember 5$ for 8hrs of play, good luck
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I have made millions

deposits
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I've spent 31.000$

:f_biggrin:

Usually you discount the deposits so you get the total, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense

So i've spent 0$ and won 30.000$
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I have become a better player since joining PS. I also enjoy the game a lot more because I've discovered that there is more going on than I initially thought. I still, however, lack the consistency and discipline to become a long term winning player. I am still fighting myself. The $ reflects that.

:f_cry:
    • larvik74
      larvik74
      Bronze
      Played about 400.000 +/- hands in last 4 years (have only had 2 royalflush in this hands).

Spend about 1000 USD total in poker and lost about 1000 USD. That was before i started to use any strategy on this side and was what we are called a fish/donkey.

Now things looking better and I'm +109 USD (highest to now is 132 USD) of the free 50 dollars PS (PokerStrategy) gave me about a month ago when i passed the quiz. Thanks to follow the BB/SS Strategy, instinct and most important, the bankroll management. So i have lots of chips to win back to make poker a profitably situation for me (about 892 USD). My finally and most important strategy i have, is to stop playing poker and do somethings else if i run into this days i loosing regardless witch starting hands i have and position on table, like yesterday.

I'm still a newbie after i started to playing poker in 4 years ago and have lots to learn in this fantastic game i know you can make a good profit, as long as you play the game right.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      I am up about half of what ihufa is up ;(
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      About 4400$ up. Decent sum compared to low play amount. Well hobby that bring some smallish profit is nice :)
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      im up about 25k in 14months after starting with the $50 starting capital :)
    • emotv
      emotv
      Bronze
      I am up 9k dolars...

I cash out every month a 1k..

When i found a job i will move up limits but now low limits are enough for me to survive...
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I think the OP is asking the wrong question here. The right question would be: How many of the players that joined pokerstrategy.com have actually become winning players and how much fun have they had achieving that.

Different sums of winnings mean different things to different people as their journey to their success/failure can't be replicated. Therefore a new member could also be asking: How hard has it been for u to achieve ur success.
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I think the OP is asking the wrong question here. The right question would be: How many of the players that joined pokerstrategy.com have actually become winning players and how much fun have they had achieving that. Different sums of winnings mean different things to different people as their journey to their success/failure can't be replicated. Therefore a new member could also be asking: How hard has it been for u to achieve ur success.

Makes sense!

+1
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by randomdonk
      :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

three fiddy
    • NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      same here....im my biggest enemy on the poker table...i'll play quality poker for 2 days and have a very good win rate and make plenty of money....then somehow i always go crazy and move up levels and play like a retard for a few hours and lose all my money!if i culd stick to playing well 100% of the time id be making a fortune but i dont seem to have the discipline just yet!
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Neil - I think you just sumed up the last year of my life in so few words... impressive.. haha

Theres been times where I've had $100 in the morning, by the afternoon I have $1600.. by 12:00midnight Im down to like $50.... I totally lack the control to STOP, when either up or down. Its just far too tempting to be greedy and try to get more, and too tempting to "Just play a few more hands to win that money back"
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NeilSimpson
      same here....im my biggest enemy on the poker table...i'll play quality poker for 2 days and have a very good win rate and make plenty of money....then somehow i always go crazy and move up levels and play like a retard for a few hours and lose all my money!if i culd stick to playing well 100% of the time id be making a fortune but i dont seem to have the discipline just yet!
      one word - BRM
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sufix645
      Originally posted by NeilSimpson
      one word - BRM
      Technically "BRM" is an obreviation not a word and the obreviation is for "Bankroll managment" which is infact 2 words :] :P