[NL2-NL10] 10$ set

• zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Push on the flop?
      Can I find a fold here or thwre is just no way out?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.05
      BB:
      $10.80
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.62
      BU:
      $10.15

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 8.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 3 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) A, Q, 8 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.70, MP2 calls $0.70, Hero calls $0.70.

Turn: ($3.05) Q (3 players)
      BB bets $1.50, MP2 calls $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, BB calls $3.50, MP2 folds.

River: ($14.55) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.80, Hero calls $4.00(All-In).

Final Pot: $23.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, eights full of queens(8 8).
      BB shows a full-house, queens full of aces(A Q).

BB wins with a full-house, queens full of aces(A Q).
  • 4 replies
    • iHopeiProfit
      iHopeiProfit
      Bronze
      hide results

and yes, a cooler

i wouldn't raise flop, because it isn't that wet
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Overall seems fine to me.
      I would raise turn smaller tho, just because even if just initial better calls on the river pot is big enough and you have 1/2 pot size bet or even less left.

Good luck!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Howdy,

Overall seems fine to me.
      I would raise turn smaller tho, just because even if just initial better calls on the river pot is big enough and you have 1/2 pot size bet or even less left.

Good luck!
      Agreed
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just raise the flop 3-way by default. Often it's less scary than a turn raise and we have no reason to think MP2 is good enough to fold anything on the flop really.

As played actually I usually just call the turn in position for a few reasons.

First, we're not afraid of much on the river, A/Q are the only cards that would really annoy us, and by that I mean we'd be forced to fold, but it's an easy fold.

Second, I think BB rarely has trips because leading a lone Qx hand on the flop isn't common, more often than not I think he'll show up with Ax there, so I just want him to continue betting with his top pair without getting scared by a raise.

Third, MP2 can have trips, and if that's the case he will jam over a river bet by BB, or bet the river himself if MP2 checks it in which case we get to jam anyway. If he just has Ax as well and they both check, we wouldn't have been able to get the stacks in anyway and we have a better chance of getting a smaller river bet paid this way.

As played when BB just calls the 3bet 3-way it's awfully scary because I don't put him on Qx on the flop and I think it's a pretty easy fold with Ax for any reg out there, which he very likely is given his bet sizing and his full stack. So really, the only hope we have is that he's really bad and either led out with Qx or can't let go Ax. It's a godly-hard fold to make on the river getting nearly 5:1 so most likely we have to just call him down when in doubt, but really we aren't happy at all.

Hope it helps.