This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 : Maniac keeps all-inning

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I had this crazy player at my table.
      He went all-in from middle position before the flop and before any had raised and he just doubled up with K4s against a JJ caller.
      I was playing a last round before leaving the table as I had stacked up to 3.85 $ and accidentily stayed a round too long (posted blind already)

Now, he went all-in again without any caller and I was on the Big Blind with ATo and decided to call his 3.60 $ all-in. I won the hand with a pair of tens against his 87s (pair of 8's)

It made me think though. If you see a player going all-in preflop like a maniac and you're last to act, is it correct to call with hands like ATo or medium pockets ? It seemed more than probable that I had the better starting hand ...
  • 1 reply
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      If he goes AI with every single hand it's profitable to call with every hand that is better than random hand. So I would definitely call with wide range of hands: A8+, KT+, 55+, QJ+. With those hands u got about 60% pot equity against random hand, so it's a pretty descent advantage. It's important to be 1 on 1 with this villain if there's a caller already u should tighten up a lot, if there's someone to act after u should play tighter too.