Deposit into which acct?

• SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Guys, I'm planning on dropping some money into one of my many online accts that I've used for CG's.

After getting absolutely pissed at variance and idiots, I withdrew all my money from all sites, leaving but a couple bucks in a few.

Since a short break, I would now like to return with a fresh clear mind and work on some SnG's to minimize risk of losing too much, but maximize possible ROI.

Which site would I be best to work my SnG low stakes game at? Doesnt matter which site to me, I have accounts at most.

Want one that is fairly soft, has LOTS of traffic and games dont take hours to fill up..

Thanks!
  • 7 replies
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Anyone? No suggestions?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi SSSC2NV,

If you're looking for large traffic then you can't go wrong with the biggest platforms like PokerStars, Full Tilt, Party etc.

You would need to compare other factors though, for instance the % tournament fee which can vary from platform to platform especially at smaller stakes, player return (rakeback, VIP clubs, player points etc).

Some of the smaller platforms provide much fishier opponents and so are still great for money.

Sorry I can't give you any specific recommendation, it's all very subjective and you need to pick the right one for yourself.

Other members might have some thoughts to help you though :)

Best regards,

Bart
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply Bart.

I'm thinking of putting money back into FTP. I find their competition to be tough there however, but I do like how withdrawls are almost instant to my InstaDebit account.

Thinking I probably need to set some goals and setup a blog, roll up my sleeves, post reviews, read articles, watch videos.. all that good stuff.

I have trouble really finding my forte, settling into a certain game type and knowing how/what to study.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a good SnG/MTT blog that will take me through the motions of how/what to study all that good stuff it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff
    • nitaidean
      nitaidean
      Bronze
      FTP is quite regged up - maybe the $2.25 and below are OK, but above that its the fish become somewhat more scarce... then again, it sucks to have low traffic and wait forever to find enough tables to play. FTP is fine IMO if you're willing to table select.

If you want to learn proper SNG/MTT, just watch the videos on this site. Watch how they play these things, understand their reasons for playing the way they do, and copy it =)

However, if you have a problem with variance and get upset easily, maybe SNG's are not for you. You can be playing virtually with no mistakes and still have 10-20 BI downswings EASILY. The push/fold nature of the game just introduces a lot of "luck", so you need to play quite a lot to overcome variance.

If you want minimum risk, I suggest you try learning fullring BSS cash game poker. It tends to be far less swingy, and the videos on this site (mainly Hasenbratten) are really great.

Hope this helps =)
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for your reply!

Im usually a NL BSS SH player, however I've just got frustrated with the play, made a bunch at NL50-200, but had to withdrawl a lot for my personal life. As such, my BR will be smallish ($50)... I hate playing NL2-NL10, dont like the time investment for the return I get. As such, I was hoping that the SnG's might provide me with some encouragement because of the prize pools you can win if you do take down or place in them... Maybe I am off the beaten path here..hahaha

I have had some previous success at MTTs on Carbon, taking 1st and 3rd in guaranteeds for over $1000 total, however since then I havent been able to break into the top 10 even.

Jeff
    • nitaidean
      nitaidean
      Bronze
      All depends on your personality... if you are patient and can take the punches as you wait for variance to reward you, SNG's/MTT's are great...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SSSC2NV

Thinking I probably need to set some goals and setup a blog, roll up my sleeves, post reviews, read articles, watch videos.. all that good stuff.

Hi Jeff,

Yes, these are all good. It's always good to allocate time to studying, further development & self-analysis as well as actually playing.

I can also highly recommend the free live coaching sessions by the likes of Unam, Chenny8888, TheNose & others. You can find the schedule on this link, they are hugely experienced and are happy to answer questions as well as explaining how they play tricky situations.

Hope this helps,

Bart