This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10: pair + flushdraw

• rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.79
      UTG+2:
      $8.07
      CO:
      $10.36
      MP3:
      $9.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , 9:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.50, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($2.15) J:diamond: , 2:spade: , 7:spade: (4 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, MP3 folds.

what to do here? I wanted to make strong move to maximize fold equity

Final Pot: $4.75
  • 4 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      That was correct move.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Imo you should fold preflop.J9s is not a hand to play from MP. As played I would have called the flop bet and wait for the move on the turn.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      I limp every playable hand from every position on loose and low preflop raise tables. I was thinking about bet or check-raise there. A call is the worst option imo. I have to protect my weak pair against overcards and wanted to get max fold equity. In case I wouldn't hit on the turn I couldn't play aggressive any more and I could be forced to make a call against the odds if overcards appear.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rubysilesia!

I think it's played well. If you are sure that you are getting huge implied odds you can call preflop with J9s. The check/raise is fine indeed because you want to maximize your fold equity. Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81