$20.05
      BB (Hero):
      $20.15
      CO:
      $37.34
      BU:
      $19.85

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, 8.
      2 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) T, 8, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.4) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, Hero raises to $2.20, SB calls $1.10.

River: ($5.8) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB raises to $17.15, Hero calls $14.90.

Final Pot: $40.1.

Would you play it any different?

I mean, I know minraising looks really strong but I just wanted to get a little bit extra value, Tx/Qx/flushdraw surely calls the minraise there but if I don't minraise there he could be check/calling or check/folding the river just the same as when I minraise ...

I can't bet a whole lot on the river since he can't have much there, so I feel like the minraise keeps him in the pot and gives me the opportunity to make that small river valuebet a bit bigger thanks to the extra $2,20 in the pot.

And most importantly, would you call the massive check-overshove there? :f_biggrin:

Not much stats/reads on villain
  • 3 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      If you feel most of the time he has some draws or weak hands and he likes NOT to give up than min raising MIGHT be okey.But as you are 200 bb deep i strongly recommend rising at least 3x to get more value from 8x/QT and even overpairs if he has.Also after min rising,take time and bet bigg on river.He will call everything that is made hand there to a 4$bet just like to 2$ bet,so with your play you are losing too much value.
      Also it's easy call on the river with no brainer unless he is a REAL nitty guy.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Also, you didn't flop the nuts.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say, mostly I think he has a strongish made hand on the turn since 2-barreling draws isn't practiced by everyone, so we're looking at something like TT/QQ+, probably QJ, maybe AQ/KQ if he doesn't check/fold that on the flop, and a few draws.

Either you think he folds Qx to a turn raise, and you're usually better off continuing to represent Tx/draws by calling the turn and letting him bet the river again, or you don't think he'll consider folding Qx on the turn, in which case just make a normal turn raise and bet about 2/3 on a river blank.

As played when he check/jams the river it's gross. You betting very small overall might have induced him to go nuts with whatever, be it bluff-shoving a busted draw or overplaying AQ/KK+. I think you probably have to call it off unless you know he's quite nitty, in which case no matter how much we wanna try and convince ourselves otherwise, he's never spazzing out there and he'll have horribly slowplayed a better boat almost all the time.

Hope it helps.