Short Stack Strategy

• JHTAN
      According to SSS, if someone raises pre-flop and you have playable hand according to SHC. You go all in.
      My question is, the raise mentioned including min-raise? Or other word should I go all in if someone min-raises?
  • 3 replies
    • Lockshot
      Im not too sure about SSS, but in BSS articles it says that:

If you have already entered the hand and one opponent raises after you by the smallest amount allowed, a so-called min-raise, you should always call, unless, of course, you have AA or KK, in which case you re-raise.

I Dont know in witch limits do you play, but Iv seen min raises mostly in lower limits. If you have playable hand, maybe you should just re-raise it, also depends on player, how often did he minraise, raise etc.
    • rorrlsh
      If there is a min-raise before you, you should treat is as 2 limpers
      if there is a min raise and min raise caller, treat it as 4 limpers and than shove it in...
      if there is a min raise, and a min reraise, treat is a 2 raises, shove AA and KK only..
      If there is a min raise after your raise, 2x your raise, treat it as a raise and play according SHC

I would though check out darkzonk videos for english community. He explains really good what you should do with min raises and min raise callers...
    • HannesZ
      Hey JHTAN,

Thanks rorrlsh for your answer.

If someone minraises, you should consider this as a limp and raise a little bit more. So for example: MP1 minraises, you are in BU and have AK, then I would raise to 6BB.

In contrast to Big Stack Strategy you shouldn't limp or call preflop.

Best regards,