fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.25

FLOP ($10.25) 2:diamond: 9:club: 3:diamond:

BB bets $5, Hero calls $5

TURN ($20.25) 2:diamond: 9:club: 3:diamond: A:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($20.25) 2:diamond: 9:club: 3:diamond: A:spade: 2:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

BB wins $19.25

villain is 21/16/25 (AF), 201 hands, 3b 12%, cb 88%. could think about bluff 4betting pre but I marginally prefer a call. are there any reasons to raise villain's cb on the flop? I was tempted to bet the turn myself after villain checks it, since I hardly expect a player of this aggressive not to bet an ace in his hand. my sweat partner advised against it saying (I think correctly) that we would commit ourselves to betting the River big as well. Question is whether this is reasonable given that we are not likely ahead at showdown since when villain doesn't that the turn he signifies showdown value himself (since it's the obvious bluffing card.)
  • 2 replies
    • MathhNes
      this is the way i would prefer to play it. Would consider 4betting pre but would rather have smaller pairs than 7s for this job and flat 77-TT vs this player. I dont see any point betting turn because we very rarely can have an Ace so he is def. not folding JJ-KK on turn and he might not even fold river if we shove.
    • Kaitz20
      I think call pf is fine if player 3-bet enough
      You can consider shoving there pp although I think also call is likely fine
      I would likely just call flop. You can raise flop but what you´re doing if he shoves- very likely you then have to fold. So I don´t really like turning hand that has showdown value into bluff.
      You can bet turn and then shove river, but you´re sometimes also good so I think you don´t have to turn your hand into bluff and I think you can´t b/c turn so when he shoves with flushdraw you´re also making quite big mistake there, so turn check seems better and then going to showdown