Looking for "luck calculator"

• scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Is there some app. that can calculate how much Im getting good and bad cards - preflop and postflop?

So, if I hit set against top pair 3 times in a row (200 hands) and win stack from some 2 pairs, Im in upswing, and if I dont hit any pair - and EVERYTIME I go to hand with KK/QQ there comes A/K on flop, if I hit set opponent gets straight, and if I get straight opponent get fullhouse - then Im in downswing? Or if not calculating with opponents cards, then at least how much Im GETTING my monsters.

"Allin EV" is really NOT ENOUGHT for me, and I need something to analyze my hands just to know if Im playing right, its easier to look at graph and say "I didnt get any strong winning hands, so its just small downswing" than to look at green line with some allin-ev and see Im going down, and I dont know if I played it that badly, or just opponents was getting 3 times more monsters than me, and after time it will get more average and Ill profit...
  • 8 replies
    • vikingxprs
      vikingxprs
      Bronze
      u serious, this a joke?
    • pokercows
      pokercows
      Bronze
      lol
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      i don't know such a program but i'd like to try it if it existed
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey scscpoker

You are focusing on outcome based analysis rather than processed based analysis. All that matters is whether you're playing your hands well. The best way to do this, IMO, is posting hands you're unsure of in the evaluation forums.

It is a reality of poker that variance exists and can impact on your results for extremely long periods of time. Knowing how much of your results are due to variance isn't really relevant. What outcome do you hope to achieve? In the end all that matters is that you understand the need to constantly evaluate your play and study as much as possible.

Trust this helps. :f_grin:
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Originally posted by scscpoker
      Is there some app. that can calculate how much Im getting good and bad cards - preflop and postflop?

So, if I hit set against top pair 3 times in a row (200 hands) and win stack from some 2 pairs, Im in upswing, and if I dont hit any pair - and EVERYTIME I go to hand with KK/QQ there comes A/K on flop, if I hit set opponent gets straight, and if I get straight opponent get fullhouse - then Im in downswing? Or if not calculating with opponents cards, then at least how much Im GETTING my monsters.

"Allin EV" is really NOT ENOUGHT for me, and I need something to analyze my hands just to know if Im playing right, its easier to look at graph and say "I didnt get any strong winning hands, so its just small downswing" than to look at green line with some allin-ev and see Im going down, and I dont know if I played it that badly, or just opponents was getting 3 times more monsters than me, and after time it will get more average and Ill profit...
      you can try to filter using a tracker software if you really need to know.

e.g.

how much Im getting good and bad cards - preflop and postflop?

what are good hands / bad hands preflop ?

define this.

then search for it. then you will get your %

e.g. = good hands = 22 + , AQ+ , KQ+
      then filter for it and then you will get your result . divide this result by your total hands and you will see for preflop

Post flop : what is your definition of good hands post flop ? does it need to be good preflop too ? or just in general ?

e.g. = good post flop = 2 pair + ,

filter for it , then result . divide this result by your total hands and you will see for postflop
      " if I hit set against top pair 3 times in a row (200 hands) and win stack from some 2 pairs,"

for this , you can filter under made hands : 3 of a kind on the flop
      then look at how you do with 3 of a kind vs various hands , which hands do you lose to etc.

the thing you want to focus on here , isn't your luck , its how your opponent plays their strong hands(2pr+) / flush draws / straight draws / combo draw/ air / medium - weak hands. in what situation ( stack size , position , table image , board texture ,etc) then exploit accordingly.

so you would look at how they play each of the 7 types of hands post flop , what is their preflop tendencies , etc.

your idea is ok , but its focused on yourself for reasons of "luck"
    • vikingxprs
      vikingxprs
      Bronze
      actually i remember a software "Poker Academy Pro 2" had something called Luck factor or something in their analysis graphs .. .
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      You look for Poker Luck Meter HERE
      GL :heart:
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      u serious, this a joke?
      Why, calculator of luck of getting profit from made hands seems to me like something that someone could already made

You look for Poker Luck Meter HERE GL Heart

"The definition of luck used by the Poker Luckmeter is the difference between all-in expected value and realized equity. When this difference is positive, your good luck is reported in green on the luck graph, and in red when it is negative."

the thing you want to focus on here , isn't your luck , its how your opponent plays their strong hands(2pr+) / flush draws / straight draws / combo draw/ air / medium - weak hands. in what situation ( stack size , position , table image , board texture ,etc) then exploit accordingly.

Sure, but there are still ideal situations and bad situations where opponent's style isnt enought. -If I hit middle set and opponent hits top set, u call it his style vs my style?

Also if opponent hits 2 pairs while I get top 2 pairs, that is bit lucky. Always when one monster hand dominates other monster, dominated hand is unlucky, most times they are supposed to lose stack (because of alot more possible weak hands).

As I said, if there isnt calculation with opponent's cards, then at least calculation of getting monster hands: imagine session where u get 5 sets in 400 hands, and some other monster hands maybe too. Some ALLIN EV calculates nothing, and it was extremely lucky session. Also, if I break-even for month, there could be some red line going down because I didnt hit ANYTHING STRONG, while opponent could. I was just folding my blinds and my money spend to look on flop (AK raise, passive rock calls, I hit nothing and he bets..)

I understand poker is about long term, but some short-term calculations would be great

//EDIT: I forgot to add something:
      The best way to do this, IMO, is posting hands you're unsure of in the evaluation forums.

I can post hands, but I cant simply post full session everytime - Im speaking about series of hands, where I got under-average hands or where I always cracked weak hand w/ stronger