DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $11.69
      UTG: $10.85
      MP: $16.58
      CO: $5.70
      BTN: $9.44
      Hero (SB): $17.55

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K :spade: Q :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.95

Flop: ($2.70) Q :club: 4 :diamond: 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, BTN raises to $3.60, Hero folds

Villian is 17/11/2.0 steal from BTN 29% fold to 3-bet on BTN 50%, around 500 hands.

Pre flop I 3-bet for value obviously
      His minraise looks kinda weird.I need around 30-35% equity for shove to be profitable. I can't call on flop cause I am commited anyway so I can only fold or shove. I haven't had any 3-bet pot with him so I don't know his tendencies there. Still he was fairly aggresive postflop in single raised pots (~30% checkraise).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If you 3-bet that for value preflop, you can't really consider folding to that raise against a guy who's check/raising 30% over a good sample postflop, even if it's a single raised pot stat. It doesn't directly infer that he's out of line in 3bet pots postflop, but it's a pretty strong clue that he might very well be.

Also, it's a board where he can actually have worse Qx hands given how often he's calling 3bets, as well as a number of draws. Hell if somehow he can read hands a bit, he could even put you on AK and bluff-minraise that with 55 or something.

I'm usually not a fan of going broke in such spots against tightish players, but if there ever was one of them to whom I wouldn't fold TP2K, there he is. Even if somehow we're behind all is not lost, we have a few backdoors and two pairs/trips outs if he was trappy with KK+ for some reason.

Hope it helps.