This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQs nl10sh

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Full Tilt Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 972029
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $11.69
      UTG: $10.85
      MP: $16.58
      CO: $5.70
      BTN: $9.44
      Hero (SB): $17.55

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K :spade: Q :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.95

Flop: ($2.70) Q :club: 4 :diamond: 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, BTN raises to $3.60, Hero folds

Villian is 17/11/2.0 steal from BTN 29% fold to 3-bet on BTN 50%, around 500 hands.

Pre flop I 3-bet for value obviously
      His minraise looks kinda weird.I need around 30-35% equity for shove to be profitable. I can't call on flop cause I am commited anyway so I can only fold or shove. I haven't had any 3-bet pot with him so I don't know his tendencies there. Still he was fairly aggresive postflop in single raised pots (~30% checkraise).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you 3-bet that for value preflop, you can't really consider folding to that raise against a guy who's check/raising 30% over a good sample postflop, even if it's a single raised pot stat. It doesn't directly infer that he's out of line in 3bet pots postflop, but it's a pretty strong clue that he might very well be.

Also, it's a board where he can actually have worse Qx hands given how often he's calling 3bets, as well as a number of draws. Hell if somehow he can read hands a bit, he could even put you on AK and bluff-minraise that with 55 or something.

I'm usually not a fan of going broke in such spots against tightish players, but if there ever was one of them to whom I wouldn't fold TP2K, there he is. Even if somehow we're behind all is not lost, we have a few backdoors and two pairs/trips outs if he was trappy with KK+ for some reason.

Hope it helps.