This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PostgreSQL problems

• monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      I recently uninstalled this (postgreSQL) to try and get holdem-manager trial running on my laptop instead of Elephant (coz I couldnt figure out how to display stats of players while at the tables)..

I couldnt get holdem manager to run so downloaded P.SQl again & reverted to Elephant, but now it too no longer works because i have no database -- its comes up with an error saying that "PostgreSQL cannot link to Elephant"..

Any clues as to what im doing wrong?
      Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • madnkl
      madnkl
      Bronze
      Probably the regestry entries for postgresql are still active although you uninstalled the software so the tracking program is unable to autoinstall it properly. Try this: run -> regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> software , find the postgresql folder and delete the regestry files on the right. After that when you reinstall elephant or any other tracking program it should automatically dl and install postgre :)
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi monkey0nfire,

while installing Holdem Manager it might have reconfigured your postgreSQL credentials - it definitely will ask for that.

HM might have changed them according to the way of the installation to (username / password):
      postgre / postgre or
      postgre / postgrepass or
      postgre / dbpass

And in order to connect the Elephant with your PostgreSQL database server you need to enter the correct postgre credentials.

Cheers,
      L