PostgreSQL problems

• monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      I recently uninstalled this (postgreSQL) to try and get holdem-manager trial running on my laptop instead of Elephant (coz I couldnt figure out how to display stats of players while at the tables)..

I couldnt get holdem manager to run so downloaded P.SQl again & reverted to Elephant, but now it too no longer works because i have no database -- its comes up with an error saying that "PostgreSQL cannot link to Elephant"..

Any clues as to what im doing wrong?
      Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • madnkl
      madnkl
      Bronze
      Probably the regestry entries for postgresql are still active although you uninstalled the software so the tracking program is unable to autoinstall it properly. Try this: run -> regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> software , find the postgresql folder and delete the regestry files on the right. After that when you reinstall elephant or any other tracking program it should automatically dl and install postgre :)
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi monkey0nfire,

while installing Holdem Manager it might have reconfigured your postgreSQL credentials - it definitely will ask for that.

HM might have changed them according to the way of the installation to (username / password):
      postgre / postgre or
      postgre / postgrepass or
      postgre / dbpass

And in order to connect the Elephant with your PostgreSQL database server you need to enter the correct postgre credentials.

Cheers,
      L