SnG $2 vs. $5

• Wupti
      Hey, i have been playing alot of SnG's lately, and the thing is, i belive i play decent poker, and i started playing at 2$, won some lost some, and my bankroll became smaller and smaller, untill i had 5$ left and i said wait the hell, and played a $5 and won, played 3 more with 2 2nd places and won 1st place.

The thing is my bankroll ain't for $5 but im able to get in the money in the $5 more than the others.

Some advice please :)
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      Stop playing Sit and go's until your bankroll is about 50 buyin's (100 $ for 2 $ SNG's, 250 $ for SNG's)
      Just play lowest limit cash games to build up your bankroll.

Even if you're a good SNG player, you can lose easily ...
    • chenny8888
      here's my last couple of games, and I'd like to believe that I've mastered this limit (take the first dollar value, the second one is the "hourly value" which obviously has very little meaning in SnG).

So in conclusion... wait till you have the required buy-ins or you'll go broke REALLY quick.

It is possible, by the way, to play these limits and have a very low variance by playing supertight, but it'd be a VERY unprofitable thing to do in the long run.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi Wupti!

I agree with SonicXT and chenny888. Play cash games until you have at least 50 buy-ins for the $2 SnGs. Otherwise you will be broke soon.

Good luck at the tables!