[NL20-NL50] 99 OOP against Bu isolater

• DeMarcohsp
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      3 folds, CO calls $0.25, BU raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $3.50, 2 folds, BU calls $2.25.

Flop: ($7.5) 4, 3, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.75, BU calls $4.75.

Turn: ($17) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $17.

I am 3 betting him because I think he is isolating trash against the limper pretty often.
      I hit an overpair and I make my cbet.
      The turn it's a pretty ugly card and I played c/f because I thought his calling range on flop is smth like {TT+,AQs, Aks, KQs,Axs, maybe some suited connected trash that all has hit}
      Any other lines? Maybe a better range?
  • 3 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      check/shove the turn.I think you are giving him too much credit.He is often raising the flop if he had the flushdraw.If he had AsXs he would do that unless he is somehow passive at all.I think with overpair and flushdraw you are quite ahead of his non 4betting range which he calls IP.I think the line you took is too weak.
    • JoaoMartins
      His bet is incredibly small. I actually like the fold.

What I don't like is the flop 3-bet. So what if he is isolating? You have a decent multiway hand, and you want to play vs the fish, not the BU. Call his iso-raise and keep the fish in the pot. More fish = more moneyzz!! :D

EDIT: On second thought maybe calling the turn and re-evaluating the river could be better. He could be floating you with OC+FD like AQo and such. River you can probably play perfect against him and have an easy decision.
    • Kaitz20
      I think both plays are fine: either c/rai turn or since you have potsize left then shoving turn.
      If you check to him, he can easily bet himself with worse hands that would also call the shove, like 66 :spade: or 8 :spade: x and ofcourse he can just floating your with smt like AQ/AJ and now pickes up flushdraw with his overcards
      So you can´t really get away your hand at that point. If you´re not comfortable playing 99 at that spot for stacks you shouldn´t really 3-bet that hand pf too often.