Stacks:
      UTG ($53.15) ------27/9 (117h)
      UTG+1 ($115.20)
      CO ($54.60)
      BTN ($55.65) ------23/21 (56h)
      Hero ($50)
      BB ($62.25)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is SB K:club: A:heart:
      UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, BTN raises to $2, Hero calls $1.75, BB folds, UTG folds

Flop: 2:spade: 8:diamond: A:spade: ($5, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: 6:diamond: ($11, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: 5:club: ($24, 2 players)
      Hero bets $9, BTN calls $9

BTN was calling 3bets ip (2 out of 5 times) and theres UTG fish in the hand so i decided to just flat. I was afraid if i squeeze i will end up making big pot oop with A high against two loose opps. What would you do preflop and why?

When he barrels the turn so small i put him on weak ace, so i decided to put a small valuebet on the river to prevent him from cheking behind.

Is there a point to raise flop or turn (small) to get more value from hes Ax hands?

And last question is: if you where villain, what Ax would you value bet on the river if any?
  • 2 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Standard value 3bet preflop. If these guys are loose, they are calling your 3bets wide (including worse Ax) and you can get 2-3 streets of value out of Ax on such a flop. Also button's isolating range can be very wide in that spot especially vs. a fish. After you 3bet preflop, the postflop kind of plays itself on that board texture.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also 3-bet Ak, since it is very easy to play if you hit your tptk and if not then you can decide if you want to c-bet or not- depends how coordinated is board and how much fold equity do you think you have
      He isn´t really going to bet that small with two pair, so I think you can c/r turn for value and then shove river. if draws miss, then he can easily call you down with AQ/AJ
      If you think he is going to b/f turn with worse hands than yours then c/c turn is fine and leading yourself on the river if you´re again not planning going to c/r for value against AQ/AJ. I´d just bet out myself 15$. Since all the draws missed I think you get called down basically every down Ax hand
      He is likely going to valuebet AJ/AQ on the river and would check back worse Ax hands