This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH rush AK oop

• mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      rush

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($53.15) ------27/9 (117h)
      UTG+1 ($115.20)
      CO ($54.60)
      BTN ($55.65) ------23/21 (56h)
      Hero ($50)
      BB ($62.25)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is SB K:club: A:heart:
      UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, BTN raises to $2, Hero calls $1.75, BB folds, UTG folds

Flop: 2:spade: 8:diamond: A:spade: ($5, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: 6:diamond: ($11, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: 5:club: ($24, 2 players)
      Hero bets $9, BTN calls $9

BTN was calling 3bets ip (2 out of 5 times) and theres UTG fish in the hand so i decided to just flat. I was afraid if i squeeze i will end up making big pot oop with A high against two loose opps. What would you do preflop and why?

When he barrels the turn so small i put him on weak ace, so i decided to put a small valuebet on the river to prevent him from cheking behind.

Is there a point to raise flop or turn (small) to get more value from hes Ax hands?

And last question is: if you where villain, what Ax would you value bet on the river if any?
  • 2 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Standard value 3bet preflop. If these guys are loose, they are calling your 3bets wide (including worse Ax) and you can get 2-3 streets of value out of Ax on such a flop. Also button's isolating range can be very wide in that spot especially vs. a fish. After you 3bet preflop, the postflop kind of plays itself on that board texture.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also 3-bet Ak, since it is very easy to play if you hit your tptk and if not then you can decide if you want to c-bet or not- depends how coordinated is board and how much fold equity do you think you have
      He isn´t really going to bet that small with two pair, so I think you can c/r turn for value and then shove river. if draws miss, then he can easily call you down with AQ/AJ
      If you think he is going to b/f turn with worse hands than yours then c/c turn is fine and leading yourself on the river if you´re again not planning going to c/r for value against AQ/AJ. I´d just bet out myself 15$. Since all the draws missed I think you get called down basically every down Ax hand
      He is likely going to valuebet AJ/AQ on the river and would check back worse Ax hands