Here I am....

• winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      Well, I wish I had discovered poker before going so deep in debt by betting all my life in soccer games. It so nice that this site exists, and it is so great to be a small part of this great community, but u know, I guess I do not have the mental peace to achieve anything great in this game. I mean, I would like to hear back from someone that started playing this game already desperate enough like me. Besides that, I salute u!!
  • 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi winnergr & thank you for the intro,

Every player plays for different reasons and to achieve different goals to be honest.

I think it is however difficult to aim to make a huge profit from poker without putting a tremendous amount of pressure on yourself.

I personally play for enjoyment & competitiveness first & foremost. If after a while I make a profit then all the better, but I never set myself any goals other than to try to improve my game to get more enjoyment out of it.

Like I said each to their own, lots of members make a very good living out of poker and if you follow the educational material carefully, keep an open mind and constantly look to learn then you have every chance to become one of those hugely successful players, but you must set realistic & achieveable goals.

Wishing you every success and enjoyment in your poker, good luck my friend.

Bart
    • winnergr
      winnergr
      Bronze
      EagleStar88 thank you for spending some time to post this...

I really understand what you are saying but on the other hand, I wanted to see if there are other persons that, like me, they began this wonderful journey in the world of poker not for the enjoyment or the competitiveness but because they really wanted to have something to hope for. I started playing poker to make money. I see it like a second job. I do understand that I won't make money from one day to the other of course, but my true motives for playing is to earn some money and pay my debts. And the question is this. Under these cicumstances, is it possible for someone to succeed? Has anyone done it before?

Thank you also for your wishes, the best luck to you too, and sorry if my english are not so good to be fully understandable.

Marios