This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20, AJ OOP on a dry board

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $20.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 975131
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $8.77
      MP: $58.85 28/25/2.0 on 414h sample.
      CO: $13.95
      BTN: $15.81
      SB: $11.30
      Hero (BB): $24.57

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with J :spade: A :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.70) 4 :club: 9 :heart: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.40, Hero raises to $4.20, MP calls $2.80

Turn: ($10.10) Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.05, MP folds

If i recall it right, i had played some hands with this guy in the last couple of hands and i noticed, that he isn't the very weak one. He was not letting off his hands on dry boards etc. Also, his PFR didn't changed much considering his position. The 25% was the lowest and that was in EP, MP. So when the board comes dry i think, that a check/raise is a great way to get the maximum fold equity. When he calls i still saw it as a stubborn way of not giving up. Also i considered that he could be a thinking and observative player. With what you call openraises pre and show huge agg post? Sets! Course, the Q is quite scary and knowing me, i'd shut down if my T bet gets called/raised.
  • 2 replies
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Sorry bout the DC links, forgot to change that in the hand converter.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      generally it is fine, just you have to realize that you´re not really reping there anything besides sets. So either leading out or maybe c/c flop to take pot away on the river when turn goes c/c may be better plan.
      If he is going to b/c flop, he may sometimes float you but very often he has there overpair that he isn´t really going to fold at any point and might easily shove turn
      Ofcourse he may also have there 88 and would fold to yor turn play, so when Q comes turn bet is fine
      Also with AJ it is fine to 3-bet pf for value and then put him a lot of aggression postflop