NL10 to NL25 ... to NL10(0) ? Which way ?

• MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      Greetings everyone!

To begin with, I must say that this is like my 3rd blong I start in here - so since I can just dump it any day I guess it won't be so interesting.

BUT , after a humongous, long, boring at times adventure on microlimits, I feel like its time to try and step up a notch.

I've began in all seriousness on a new site three months ago , started on NL25 with low br, but quick downswing threw me right back at NL10 . And since then I kept improving my game (I like to think I did so ) and NL 25 is knocking at my door .

:spade: However

Mindset sucks - I just cannot put in the volume I want to
      Constant withdrawal kept me where I am ... this must STOP! at one time
      Mindset sucks

So, I'll try once more to keep track of my results and who knows, maybe I will manage to acomplish some of my goals (ALL of 'em) , such as :
      - NL50 till March
      - NL100 till June next year
      - 50k hands minimun each month- withdraw just for a decent lifestyle each month - not more than 25% of a months profit

:heart: Me : 20 years old student from Romania, making my living through college with poker (yes, NL10 did that so far) .

:diamond: Study : I read a lot , and pretty much reading seems like overrated , after a while, and I think that only XP will enable you to grow as a poker player , and by that I mean volume, session reviews, sweat sessions and such!

ANYONE who plays 6-max or 5-max, no matter what limits (I play 5-max, Bossmedia) and wants to share knowledge, my skype id is macel90 ! I'd love one (or more) poker buddy to talk hands and sweat sessions with!

Below you have my 3 month graph and my overall stats .

:club: Flaws : - most recent flaws I found and tried to fix as of this month :
      x playing too loose and aggressive from the SB
      x playing 1-2 tournamens during sessions (still working on that)
      x listening to music while playing (I can't stress enough the effect music has on amplifying tilt whilst playing)

I've started to play more aggresively overall, some more double barreling in certain spots, and it seems to pay off till now.
      Graph
      Stats
  • 20 replies
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      Ok, here's a first spot.

The hand is http://weaktight.com/2788549
      Villain plays 16/12 with AFq on streets 26% - 19% - 12% .

This is not in my usual plays but, since I started the move on flop, I felt he couldn't be very strong and I should normally win if he doesn't have set or an overpair which he would overcall imo there.

Did I give anything away ? Or it is just a bad call on his behalf ? I had a TaG image at the table, not bluffy, not anything.
    • NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaCe90
      Ok, here's a first spot.

The hand is http://weaktight.com/2788549
      Villain plays 16/12 with AFq on streets 26% - 19% - 12% .

This is not in my usual plays but, since I started the move on flop, I felt he couldn't be very strong and I should normally win if he doesn't have set or an overpair which he would overcall imo there.

Did I give anything away ? Or it is just a bad call on his behalf ? I had a TaG image at the table, not bluffy, not anything.
      i don't think it's a good preflop call vs adequate opp even IP. And after missing flop we better just fold. UTG PFR range is pretty strong, consuming some pocket pairs. Adding fact that u don't need to bluff on NL10 especially on dry board i completely disagree with ur postflop. Trying to show very short range like sets and 2 pairs ends almost everytime bad. Anyway, if u did that raise on flop, betting turn is good. But river? I'm sure he wont call u with air like AKo, so better give up and check behind

And better try to post hands without any external link. Better if visitors can see it right in ur post.

P.S> gl with ur goals :s_cool:
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      As of today I'm 'very' trying not to take ANY look at all at my cashier, graph and money session review till Friday. I made the HEM in such a way that I see only the stats, hands, hrs and rake.

I realised that after every session I was like cashier (uh, wat, lost again ? damn, not playing today anymore) , graph (red line to loow, need to bet more - when actually its the reverse against huge fishiez at NL10) and hands , just to remember and put deeper into my consciousness that sick cooler I got. No more of that for me.

On friday I'll make this month hands review +20BB so far and I'll come with spots for analysis which I'll post here coz I aint got acces only to basic section coz I dont have the account through pokerstrategy.

Just listened to a NUT podcast in Romanian, and it kind of enlightened me, and volume must come. As of today I won't go to sleep w/o 2k hands a day. That does not mean I'll play tired, but when I get bored I get out, remebering tough that I must come back at some time to complete that 2k. Seems like a good way to do it. 2k is like 5hrs of 4-tabling!

Thats it for now. Off to watch Romania - England U21 , we might produce the miracle and qualify for the europeans, which would be trully amazing! Go lilttle Romanians! :D
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      Another quick update.

I just ended what I think was a very bad session, and I'm very glad I don't know the results of it. I managed not to peek at anything regarding the cash and ev and stuff , and this will go as I said till Friday.

I think I'm solving one of my bigger leaks, not managing to keep a session going, and being easily distracted after a couple of lost hands.

Anyhow, I got out instantly after losing another stack on a huge mistake , becoz the 2 mistakes + the 2 coolers did not feel like playing till the end. When the knockout bell rings, I shouldn't be keeping on fighting.

Another 700+ hands to go today, and this should be the start of an era :D , the Era of Volume.

:diamond: Romania tied and lost the qualification, I lost like crazy , but who cares when an episode of "How I met your mother" , gym, sauna and some amazingly delicious food is awaiting for me before my next session!

P.S. : Why can i not upload pics ? Is there something I do wrong ? Or maybe only I cannot see'em ?
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      MaCe here again for no one :D

:diamond: So, I was saying : Gym + Sauna + 1hr of table tennis mania + good food wuz the nutz. But it only improved the mood for poker and not the luck.

Ran horibly , completed my 2k hands! Yey , that's a first but not the last. Made some mistakes, I think , anyways it'll rain with hands on Friday after the review :)

Play 2k hands a day : 1/1 !

Still don't know where I am moneywise , and good thing is I don't care :D . Gotta learn this fricking game and volume up in order to be at 25NL in no time!

Till tomorrow, have a good night!

I would lighten up the blog with some pics but doesn't seem to work , so if the insert image is the only way to do it, I can't do it :-?
    • NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      I would lighten up the blog with some pics but doesn't seem to work , so if the insert image is the only way to do it, I can't do it :-?
      I don't get ur problem. Upload image on site like imageshack and then just put it's link between [img][/img] tags. Also i should sy when u upload ur pic to imageshack, it give ur full link with forum tags, u might just copy and paste there
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      Update says :

:heart: 2k hands a day -> 2/2 so far : DONE :heart:
      :heart: Don't look at cashier or anything else money related - one day left till Friday - it would be really an acomplishment : DONE :heart:

Its really nice and fun not to be interested in the money at all , and on Friday when I'll look at it all it'll be as well trully interesting, since I could be very dissapointed or very happy . I try my best to forget everything that has been played and not to make maths regarding my profits and stuff like that.

The no sleep till 2k hands policy works for me so far, I am starting to build my schedule around poker and that makes me a very happy fish ! :f_love:

And here's some love for everyone :

Finally figured this out. Noob
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      Morning y'all. Going to try to play my 2k hands till 5 pm , coz afterwards I've got some stuff to do. Cash update might come today.

I hope that tonight I will be able to make some sweat session with someone, perhaps NoEmotion , we'll talk later :) .

Got a friend of mine who told me that wants to take poker seriously, and I told him that I want to be his mentor :D , helping him with all the materials, and sweat session and stuff , it should be really helpfull for both of us.
    • Skring
      Skring
      Bronze
      How do you count your hands without seeing any money/earnings related data too ?
    • NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skring
      How do you count your hands without seeing any money/earnings related data too ?
      reports menu
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      Yup, reports menu, only got the vpip, pfr and those stats on position , number of hands and rake for the day!

Starting to slowly take my mind of money as anything else but units and that can't be bad!

So, today no 2k hands becoz

Get ready ...

Set ...

Watch :s_cool:
      [img][IMG]https://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9273/wootd.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

AMAZING BANKROLL BOOSTER that made my day! That means I'm 148 eur away from NL25 !

Anyways I'll end the month at NL10 and if everything goes right, I'll withdraw all thats over 850eur and start next month at NL25 with 34BI !

Gonna post a picture of me where I am almost as happy as I was after winning the tournament :f_cool:

Hello!

[img][IMG]https://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4654/sany0227.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

:diamond: Poker will have to stop till Tuesday, because Friday to Sunday I'll be gone partying to an old house on the lake shore with Uni teachers and colleagues ! It should be pretty wild :D There's like 3 girlz to every boy (advantage of studying economics)

We go to here :

[img][IMG]https://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8033/77502853.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Monday is shopping and movie day !

Quite too much for an microlimit donk like me , but I'm confident money will not be wasted in vain and will surely regenerate! :D

First thing after coming back is a deep analysis of my game. Hoping for a bit more support when I'll start posting hands!

Till then, have a great weekend everyone!
    • alecsCQ
      alecsCQ
      Bronze
      gl romanian mate :f_grin:
    • NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      Left girl has pretty nice.. u know.. eyes :f_biggrin:

What room of boss media do u play? :s_cool:
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Hey dude,

Nice blog, i think you should really read "The poker mindset", you said it's a leak in your game, i was recommended this book, and i gotta admit it after reading the first time, it really can help a lot.

By the way, pretty nice place for a party, if the brunette is attending to it i might go and make a visit jk.

Cheers and good luck!
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze

[img][IMG]https://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4654/sany0227.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

:diamond: Poker will have to stop till Tuesday, because Friday to Sunday I'll be gone partying to an old house on the lake shore with Uni teachers and colleagues ! It should be pretty wild :D There's like 3 girlz to every boy (advantage of studying economics)
      wow and the quality of the girls are :s_biggrin:
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      Greetings people!

Awesome weekend + shopping Monday is over! Time to get back to grinding.

Becoz poker volume sucked this month, my final goal is to get 850eur , and withdraw everything that is over (no way I'm finishing below that) .

Next month is NL25 - and the quest for conquering this limit! Till then I'd like at least 30k hands (18k right now) and it will all be good!

And next some pics from my trip into the mountains :D .

There's music and beer...

[img][IMG]https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1736/45864191.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

There's girlz

[img][IMG]https://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1005/20129385.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

There's fishing equipment :D

[img][IMG]https://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8712/96869761.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

And there's actual fishing !

[img][IMG]https://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9308/48285556.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Seems like an awesome weekend, and gl back in grinding.

However, who is the brunette?
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      My 8th grade crush :) ) , currently one of my better friends :D .
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Well, she's currently one of my crushes lol! When you plan on go back to learning/grinding.