NL10 Stars vs Party

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Considering moving my roll to PartyPoker over from stars due to the fact that party is my only PS.com affiliated account

Just wondering if theres any differences to expect or everything is basically pretty much the same

Thanks in advance

ABShortland
  • 9 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi ABShortland,

PartyPoker is not having that much players and tables on each limit like Stars. The software on Stars is also better. However the games on PartyPoker are softer, so it should be easier to win money.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      I used to play cash games on Stars, but currently playing SNG on Party.
      My experience is I like Stars promotions much more, as they appeal to everyone: $1 Super SNGs, Small Instant Cash Bonuses. However, Party does have more freerolls (and much less attendance), they have Bankroll Builder up to $1.5k and random $50 - $250 freerolls. Stars freerolls (Hubble, etc.) all get max registered, making a 9000 player field. Party has around 600.

I only know the SNGs, but the rake is a problem on Party.
      On Stars - you get $3.00 + 0.40, while on Party its $2.40 + 0.60. Party doesn't have lots of options either - only turbos at the $1, and up to 6max NLHE at $3. I've also heard Stars has the lowest rake of all the sites so...
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Thank you both for your replies, much appreciated :)

If rake is as high as you say within cash games aswell this could be a positive and negative ...

positive in the fact i'll earn more PS.com points and obviously higher rake is detrimental to win rate at the micros

another big factor that i've just seen is now 'The Gladiator' promo which is running Novemeber 1st - Novemeber 30th.

Party points are awarded at 2 points for every $1 rake you put in personally, which would accumulate to 3 strategy points i believe?

Switiching my role to Party seems like a good option for the running of this promotion and i'll hopefully hit gold for december so i'll be able to read up on all the silver and gold articles i need to help me through to and on NL50 i hope :)

Thanks again
      ABShortland
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by ABShortland
      Party points are awarded at 2 points for every $1 rake you put in personally, which would accumulate to 3 strategy points i believe?
      You get for one Dollar rake 2 PartyPoints. And for each PartyPoint you get 1.75 StrategyPoints. This means 3.5 StrategyPoints per Dollar rake.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Thanks HannesZ :) .. Just wondering if you know if the Cash bonuses from the gladiator promo are instant bonuses or do they have to be released after achieving?

Thanks

ABShortland
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      In my expirience Nl10 games at Party aren't soft. this limit is full of nits. Fishies died somet time ago there. In 99% reraise is AA, KK. I played 9 tables BSS for 1200 hands a day and i managed to earn 14 party points. Of course Party poker marketing is good and they have many promotions, but releasing is a bitch at micro levels.
      I was lured several times to Party with their marketing and promotions from PokerStars and everytime i did my br was smaller. For me Party is jinxed and i am sure staying at Stars 4ever.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by ABShortland
      Thanks HannesZ :) .. Just wondering if you know if the Cash bonuses from the gladiator promo are instant bonuses or do they have to be released after achieving?

Thanks

ABShortland
      If you have achieved one prize you get the prize at the end of the promotion directly to your account. There is no need to release it again.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RockEye
      In my expirience Nl10 games at Party aren't soft. this limit is full of nits. Fishies died somet time ago there. In 99% reraise is AA, KK. I played 9 tables BSS for 1200 hands a day and i managed to earn 14 party points. Of course Party poker marketing is good and they have many promotions, but releasing is a bitch at micro levels.
      I was lured several times to Party with their marketing and promotions from PokerStars and everytime i did my br was smaller. For me Party is jinxed and i am sure staying at Stars 4ever.
      Thanks for your reply :) .. do you play FR or SH? .. and over how many hands is this based?

Are you sure you're not just having a selective memory and forgetting all the times you win with AA etc?

Thanks
      ABShortland
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      na imo party isint that much softer more nits and higher rake and jackpot tables with added rake is why theres only 7% winning players