This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] back door FD+pair

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      iPoker - £0.50 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: £9.46
      BTN: £76.49
      SB: £65.18
      BB: £55.18 VP:50/PR25/AFq:63 over 25 hands
      Hero (UTG): £57.71

SB posts SB £0.25, BB posts BB £0.50

Pre Flop: (£0.75) Hero has 6:heart: 7:heart:

Hero raises to £2.00, fold, fold, fold, BB calls £1.50

Flop: (£4.25, 2 players) T:heart: 7:spade: 3:club:
      BB bets £3.18, Hero calls £3.18

Turn: (£10.61, 2 players) J:heart:
      BB bets £5.30, Hero calls £5.30

River: (£21.21, 2 players) 4:heart:
      BB bets £15.90, Hero raises to £47.23, BB calls £28.80

When he donk I could (should?) fold but IP I think I can call and see.
      Turn: I get 33% pot odds where I have around 20% equity. But I think I have massive implied odds since he probably doesn't put me on FD.
      What ya think?
  • 2 replies
    • JoaoMartins
      JoaoMartins
      Bronze
      I think you shudda raised that flop. Donkbetting is weak on NL50. What strong hands would he be donkbetting instead of check/raising your c-bet? If called, the turn is a good card to barrel him again, and the river is just a good way to ship it.

Also, if the hand gets to a showdown and he is a good regular, make a note on him saying that you showed him a raise on his donkbet and a second barrel with a rather marginal holding, and adjust accordingly on the next few k hands. He will remember the hand and treat all your following donkbet raises much more maniacly. I may be overthingking it though.

Also, make a note of what he donkbetted you with :f_cool:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I wouldn´t really raise flop, since when he bets that big, he likely has there quite strong hand that would either b/c or bet/3-bet flop, so calling once is fine and if you don´t improve then folding is fine
      Call turn is fine. You can´t really fold with that equity. you can consider raising to force out his Tx, but I think call is also fine
      River shove is fine